Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: sweetening sour baby food

Default sweetening sour baby food

need some advice...

i'm making all my 6 month old's baby foods and today i did apricots but they are very tart. is there any way to sweeten them that is safe for baby?

Default Re: sweetening sour baby food

What if you mixed them with something? Like bananas or yogurt or something like that...I don't eat apricots, so I dont' know what goes good with them.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Typically mixing in apple sauce does the trick for most things. But don't discount them just because they're tart. You don't want to sweeten everything. Tart isn't bad, it's just tart! Babe may like it.

Go here: www.wholesomebabyfood.com for recipes.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Yeah, babies often like tart! My 13 month old will suck on lemons.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

that's hard...my LO likes tart depending on the day. she'll suck on a lime but reject an apricot if not ripe enough for her palate . same with peaches, pears, mangoes, canteloupe, strawberries, etc. i'd say just wait as long as possible until the fruit is as ripe as possible, keep offering b/c somedays they might be accepted when rejected on the previous day also get ready to eat a LOT of fruit leftovers. at least they're healthy snacks right?
    oh, we also tried giving a bit of plain greek yogurt with tart fruits and they were accepted, not sure if you're giving yogurt yet though.
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog