Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Milk blister

Default Milk blister

Wasn't sure where to put this. So DS weaned a few months ago. I'm 20 weeks pg. I've noticed a yellow spot right on my nipple and I've been ignoring it thinking it would go away. Well it hasn't and I don't know how to get rid of it since I'm not nursing now. Anyone?
    SAHM to my sweet December baby boy.

Default Re: Milk blister

Is it painful? I would get in a warm bath, which will soften the clog, and massage the breast and areola, to see if you can't loosen it up it that way. You can also try a sterilized needle to release the pressure. I have read that doesn't hurt, but realistically, OW! So I would try the bath method, gentle massage of the breast method first.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I'm just kinda sore/tender in general. I'll try that though. Thanks

Are you sure it's a blister? At 20 weeks, it could easily be dried colostrum.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Are you sure it's a blister? At 20 weeks, it could easily be dried colostrum.
    Good point! Colostrum is yellowish.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Yea I'm pretty sure. It was sticking out w no exit just a spot only on one side. I know I've got colostrum already...leaking sorta flaky. Anyways, I think I got rid of it. I had to really squeeze it. Yikes and kinda gross!

And we just found out it's another boy for us. I'm gonna be so stinkin busy.

Congratulations! You won't have to buy new clothes- it's a nice plus of having 2 of the same gender.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"