Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Acidophilus & Fenugreek - questions

Default Acidophilus & Fenugreek - questions

For those of you who take or have taken either of these...

I got acidophilus at GNC today. The dosage is 1.5 billion CFU (??). Bottle says to take one to two tablets prior to a meal as it is used as a dietary supplement. I am obviously using it to help combat yeast, so how many should I take per day? Any ideas?

Also, the Fenugreek also says as a dietary supplement to take one to two capsules daily. I am using this one to help maintain my milk production. They are 610 mg. Any ideas on this one as well?

Thanks so much moms. I appreciate it, as always...

Default Re: Acidophilus & Fenugreek - questions

I also take acidophilus...the bottle says 1 billion cultures per pill...I take 2 and it doesn't affect my 8mo at all...from what I understand it is safe to take while bf-ing...as far as the fenugreek, I have no clue...I'm sure someone who has taken it will chime in soon!
    Wife to the man of my dreams! 10/10/98

DD Kiara 4/00
    DD Moriah 12/01
    DD Senja 2/06

Thankful to be a stay at home mom and homeschooling mom!

Default Re: Acidophilus & Fenugreek - questions

The Breastfeeding Answer Book suggests for acidophilus to take between 40 million and 1 billion live cells per day (I don't think extra hurts, though--I think it just goes through your system and back out ). For fenugreek, it suggests between 2 and 4 capsules 3x per day. When I took it, I started with 2 (3x per day) but didn't see a big difference and so upped to 3. I think it takes different amounts for different people. HTH!