Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: thrush and storage

Default thrush and storage

hi i know im not suppse to freeze pumped milk if i have hrush..

but i'll be going back to work soon. what should i do?? for milk for the first week?

Default Re: thrush and storage

sorry i should add more to the thread....
    i will be going back FT and there's no way i can go to my care provider to nurse. i will be going back in two weeks and we are now trying gentian violet to treat my LO and myself. we are on our 2nd day treatment.

i have pumped frozen milk already in the fridge which is bad now he's had thrush for rthe past 4 weeks.

When you clear the thrush, pump and store just enough for the first day. That's all you need. The next day at work, you can pump what you'll need for the next day when you are away from baby.

And yeah, don't feed the milk you stored already. But I do wonder if you could use it to make teething crackers or the like, as you would be baking it. But I don't know for sure.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

ok..
    so what if it's not cleared up..
    would i be able to pump the day before and give them that supply that has been in the fridge? or does it need to be FRESH FRESH same day supply in order for it to be ineffective.

nevermind! answered my own question! LOL

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...ssed-milk.html

agree with pp

just wanted to add that if you want to have a little stash, once you are back to work you can pump once a day on your days off, right after lo nurses in the am. this way you can collect some extra and not worry. once you have a little stashed i would ditch the pump on your days off