Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: chamomile tea

Default chamomile tea

Hi everyone,
    I wanted to share something with everyone who might have a fussy, teething or sick baby. Chamomile tea..... A friend of mine suggested it when my little one was suffering from gas pains and was really fussy. I drank a huge mug of it and then nursed the baby and he calmed right down. Now I have a teething baby who doesn't feel good and am doing it again. I just wondered if anyone else had heard about it. It calms their nervous system and their gastrointestinal system. It really works and I thought I would share it with anyone who is going through a difficult time with their little one, because I know it can be hard. It's water soluble, and stays in the body for 48 hours. Anyhow thanks for letting me share.

Default Re: chamomile tea

Thank You. I will try that. I had not heard that before.

Kristin, have you called to get a dosage so you can use the tylenol? ANd have you tried the Hyland pills?

Thanks so much for sharing. Megan and I are both sick and she is really fussy right now. I went looking for tea tonight at the store but I wasn't sure which kind to get since some stuff you're not supposed to have while BF. I will for sure try that tomorrow. I was coming here to post about which teas are ok to drink while sick and BF. Thanks again.

I have a friend who works for an Opthamologist and she also spoke about the benefits of Chamomile Tea. To relieve your LO from plugged tear ducts or goopy eyes, she suggested buying the chamomile flower and boiling it in hot water. Once the 'tea' is warm, dip cotton balls in the water and rub on LO's eyes. She also said that the chamomile water makes a great external douche.

Yup, I've heard of that!! It was GREAT for when my first DD had colic. I plan on doing the same for my boys

I agree with the PP who suggested Hyland's. They worked really well with Kalynn when she was fussy from teething.

Yes be sure not to get chamomile tea with honey, as lo are not supposed to have honey (botulism)