Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: It's time to start cutting back.

Default It's time to start cutting back.

I have been cutting back the last week or so with nursing Libs. She has done really well for the most part. Now I want to start night weaning and now that our oldest is out of school for the summer it's time to start! I also want my bed back since my back is killing me from not having much room and almost always being on my sides. So I suppose tonight I will put her in her bed and I will lie on her floor and start this 'prolly gonna be ugly' process again...once it hits 11 no ni- nee until sun comes up. She will be 2 in Sept and I don't mind the nursing before nap and bed but the rest need to go. Especially the night ones! I will use the method many of you have suggested on here and see how it goes I have it printed out somewhere lol Lord grant me patience and grant Liberty patience and understanding too. Amen.
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel

Default Re: It's time to start cutting back.

Night weaning for us started when I moved our DS out of our bed. I think he was almost 2.. I would just nurse him to sleep and then lay him down in is own bed. He has always napped in his own bed. And then when he would wake up I would go upstairs and rock him and snuggle him and then put him baclk into his bed.. It wasn't easy and my Dh helped out a ton and we both slept on his floor some night. But it worked after a few nights.. I just don't like my kiddos crying to sleep.. So this method worked for us.. There are lots of resources to help. But you really need to do whatever works best for you..
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Default Re: It's time to start cutting back.

Libs wakes up frequently still to nurse most nights so I'm a lil nervous as to how well this is going to go. She also has this high pitched scream that is off the charts hard on your ears so it's going to be loud too. Thankfully everone in the house are heavy sleeper except me of course so maybe I will be lucky..She also naps in her bed most times so hopefully that will help things along. I also plan on spending some extra time in there with her for the next few days so she see how it's HER room and it's a fun place to be. Having a play/day care room in our house our kids don't spend much playtime in their own rooms and she is usually with bub bub or sissy in their rooms and not hers lol
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel