Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeding Schedule for almost 12 month old

Default Re: Feeding Schedule for almost 12 month old

One more thing: I plan on day weaning my DS after 1 year because I'm returning to work at the end of August and do not want to pump (nor will I have much opportunity). So I plan on keeping the morning nursing and the evening sessions but doing away with the naptime sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joey4mom View Post
    One more thing: I plan on day weaning my DS after 1 year because I'm returning to work at the end of August and do not want to pump (nor will I have much opportunity). So I plan on keeping the morning nursing and the evening sessions but doing away with the naptime sessions.
    can he fall asleep without nursing?

He can fall asleep without nursing--for the most part. Right now, I nurse him at naptime because that is the only time I can get him to slow down and nurse. He doesn't fall asleep, but he gets relaxed enough to go in his crib and fall asleep on his own. At night, it's hit or miss. Sometimes he falls asleep nursing, sometimes he falls asleep on his own. It depends on how tired he is.

When I start day weaning, I'm going to have to figure out a different way to help him relax before napping. I might try cuddling/rocking or reading a story.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joey4mom View Post
    This is totally do-able. I haven't pumped at work since Joe was a year old, but I still nurse him in the evenings, nights, and mornings. After a year, your supply is really stable, and you will make milk when you need it, and not when you don't. I even nurse Joe on weekends during the day, and it doesn't have any effect on my weekdays. Boobs are amazing.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Here's our schedule. My LO will be 12 mo on Wed!!

5/6: Nurse & cuddle time!
    8: nurse & then breakfast
    11: nurse
    2: nurse before nap
    5: brief nurse
    6:45: nurse before bed

I'm pumping at work (3 days a week) but planning to stop soon. Just concerned how much of a shock it will be for my LO. She is still eating 12 oz at daycare.

Any ideas on how to make the transition easier for her?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*zeebaby View Post
    I'm pumping at work (3 days a week) but planning to stop soon. Just concerned how much of a shock it will be for my LO. She is still eating 12 oz at daycare.

Any ideas on how to make the transition easier for her?
    I just switched out the breastmilk in Joe's bottle with cow's milk. But some folks try to bottle wean around a year too and offer a sippy cup of milk instead. I still haven't weaned Joe from his naptime bottle.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.