Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How hard do you work at pumping?

Default Re: How hard do you work at pumping?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jbean1979 View Post
    When I took fenugreek, what i found effective was to take 3 pills four times a day. You know you're taking enough when your pee/sweat smell like maple syrup. It's a pain in the butt and it makes you gassy, but it's worth it. I also made sure to empty my breasts every 2-3 hours at the beginning of taking fenugreek becuase it works best when you're emptying more frequently (around the clock if you can)
    I am amazed by what a difference Fenugreek has made already! I had previously been taking it, but at a much lower quantity than I should have been. I increased it to 6 pills a day at the end of last week, and I am so excited! For the past two days, I now am getting more than enough when I pump at work!! (Hopefully I am not jinxing myself, lol).
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mek View Post
    I am amazed by what a difference Fenugreek has made already! I had previously been taking it, but at a much lower quantity than I should have been. I increased it to 6 pills a day at the end of last week, and I am so excited! For the past two days, I now am getting more than enough when I pump at work!! (Hopefully I am not jinxing myself, lol).
    YAY!
    Wife to DH February 17, 2004.
    First time mom to my precious baby girl, welcomed to this world August 3, 2009!
    Birth: 6 lbs. 6 oz. and 18.5"
    6 months: 14 lbs. 14.5 oz. and 26"
    1 year: 20 lbs. and 30"

Woohoo! We made it one year!

Learn more about us at my blog.

Oh yeah pumping is hard work. I have found though I am enjoying it more at 7 months than I did in the beginning. I now think of it as my me time and find a good book to read on my Nook.

Regarding the hands free bra, I use the hair tie option that is found at Kellymom.com. I enjoy being able to wear any of my nursing bra's to work and eliminate the extra step to pumping.

It is possible the shields are not the right size. I used the size medium that came with the Medela pis and had to go down a size and it worked SOOO much better and felt better, too.