Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Actively Weaning

Default Re: Actively Weaning

Tiffony, were you a breastfed baby, then? It's so rare for women of our generation...!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Tiffony, were you a breastfed baby, then? It's so rare for women of our generation...!
    Yes I was! My (single) mom breastfed all 3 of us. I was breastfed until about 3 or so. Keep in mind though, that I'm from Jamaica, so the likelihood of a doctor pushing a syringe of "breastmilk-b-gone" is pretty slim. Also, my mom is from a large family of breastfeeders () so she had support, even as an 18yo mother (with my brother).

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mothersky View Post
    Yes I was! My (single) mom breastfed all 3 of us. I was breastfed until about 3 or so. Keep in mind though, that I'm from Jamaica, so the likelihood of a doctor pushing a syringe of "breastmilk-b-gone" is pretty slim. Also, my mom is from a large family of breastfeeders () so she had support, even as an 18yo mother (with my brother).
    Tiff, do you remember nursing? How about weaning?
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Wow, your mom is awesome!

Being from a breastfeeding family makes such a huge difference. My mom have 5 sisters, and they all nursed their babies. The support they provided each other made such a difference, especially in those dark days before the Internet...
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

My mom nursed all 3 of her daughters and I don't remember nursing (I self-weaned at 13 mos) but I remember snuggling up against her chest. I don't know where I read it, but breasts are comforting, toddlers snuggle into their mom's chests whether or not they're still nursing. They're soft and cuddly.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    Tiff, do you remember nursing? How about weaning?
    I don't remember either one. But yes, I agree she was awesome to have done that.

"Don't toush da mango"

I don't remember either one. But yes, I agree she was awesome to have done that.
    very awesome. I was just wondering if maybe my DD will remember when she's older.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    very awesome. I was just wondering if maybe my DD will remember when she's older.
    K doesn't remember nursing, but I do tell her that she did. So even if she doesn't she will have the knowledge, kwim?

"Don't toush da mango"

K doesn't remember nursing, but I do tell her that she did. So even if she doesn't she will have the knowledge, kwim?
    Yep me too. And whenever she tries to play with bottles I say that's not how we feed babies in our family.

Strange that my mom was the only one to not breastfeed, because she has always been the most holistic and natural. But she was talked out of it by the old aunts from her step fathers family and was too young and stupid to fight them. She cried about it for a long time because she leaked milk until I was a year old. Then she met an LLL leader on a bus who told her she should have relactated. it devastated her. Because of that she was my biggest advocate when MK was born and how I found you llladies.

Sorry for the hijack.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kst.7399 View Post
    Yep me too. And whenever she tries to play with bottles I say that's not how we feed babies in our family.

Strange that my mom was the only one to not breastfeed, because she has always been the most holistic and natural. But she was talked out of it by the old aunts from her step fathers family and was too young and stupid to fight them. She cried about it for a long time because she leaked milk until I was a year old. Then she met an LLL leader on a bus who told her she should have relactated. it devastated her. Because of that she was my biggest advocate when MK was born and how I found you llladies.
    Fixed that for you.

to your mom. Support is such a huge part of being successful, that and not realizing that there is another way most times.

"Don't toush da mango"