Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: horns question

Default horns question

The horns that came with my medela pump were too small so I got the next size up and those seem to big. Which is worse too big or too small? Why don't they make them with smaller increment increases? The next size up was COSIDERABLY bigger. I am wondering if the bigger size might be the reason I am not able to pump as much (got 8-10 ounces in a 10 hour period when I usually get 12-18).
    Please excuse my typos, I am always NAK.

DS since 1/30/11

Default Re: horns question

http://lactinv.com/breastfeeding_qna..._breastshields - someone posted this in a thread a while back.

I would go with what makes me less sore and maximizes production.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I would keep trying the bigger ones. . . they seemed big at first, but once I got used to them they were MUCH more comfortable (aka my nipples weren't bleeding).

Also, the bigger ones pull in more breast tissue, so I would say too big is better than too small.

I actually use and XL on my left and a L on my right. And I'm an A cup. One size does not fit all!