Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What would you do

Default What would you do

Hello everyone! My little boy, Leif is three months old and I have been back at work for two days now. I work 7.5 hours a day and live 15 minutes away from work. I am allowed 1 hour a day for breastfeeding purposes (the law here in Belgium). The last two days I have gone home at about 11:30 to nurse and eat (my lunch break plus my 1/2 hour break), and pump for a half hour at 3pm. Do you think this is sufficient? Will I get more milk if I do 2 15 minute sessions at work? Should I just stay at work all day? I am really not sure what to do. So far everytime I get home LO has just eaten or is asleep. his whole "schedule" is messed up because he has been refusing to sleep and spending his time crying with DH.
    new mom to yael justine, born 12/20/07 4lbs 7oz

cloth diapers all the way!

Default Re: What would you do

If you can get him to nurse when you're at home, I think your schedule sounds perfect and lovely! You can always pump at home before you go to work if you find that you're not leaving enough milk behind for him.

Will he get to stay with your DH all the time when you're at work?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Thanks! I feed him right before I leave, but I can see what I can pump after that, it may help. Today when I got home baby was sleeping, he had just taken an 1 1/2 ounces so i pumped on once side, ate, then woke him gently and nursed him (right on back to sleep). My main concern is maintaining my supply, because I had problems pumping for my daughter.

Oh and yes, DH is a stay at home dad. So far it is a bit rough, our 3 year old DD is acting out quite a bit, and the little one just wants his mama. Tough stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bakelite View Post
    Hello everyone! My little boy, Leif is three months old and I have been back at work for two days now. I work 7.5 hours a day and live 15 minutes away from work. I am allowed 1 hour a day for breastfeeding purposes (the law here in Belgium). The last two days I have gone home at about 11:30 to nurse and eat (my lunch break plus my 1/2 hour break), and pump for a half hour at 3pm. Do you think this is sufficient? Will I get more milk if I do 2 15 minute sessions at work? Should I just stay at work all day? I am really not sure what to do. So far everytime I get home LO has just eaten or is asleep. his whole "schedule" is messed up because he has been refusing to sleep and spending his time crying with DH.
    Welcome!

I would personally pump twice for shorter sessions. And go home for lunch to see your sweetie -- every time you can nurse instead of pump, the better you'll maintain your supply. What a treat to get to see your baby on your lunch break!!
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

I went home at lunch too and I did 1 - 15 minute pumping session in the am and one in the pm.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby