Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Constant AF, low supply, migraines

Unhappy Constant AF, low supply, migraines

I'm new to the site, but was told to come here if I was in need of support...
    My DD is about 4 months now, and is EBF. So, for over a month now, I've been constantly bleeding. I may go a day or two without it, but for the most part, I'm always bleeding. I always have migraines and feel very sick. Ever since this happened, my supply has dropped considerably. I feed on demand still, but she doesn't seem satisfied anymore. I truly do not want to give up. I had every intention to BF until she self weaned. I don't want whatever is happening to my body to ruin it...Any advice or similar situations??

Default Re: Constant AF, low supply, migraines

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear that you have been having such a hard time postpartum. What does your physician say about the cause of your bleeding? Have your hormone levels, including thyroid, been checked?
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Unfortunately, I no longer have medical coverage for myself anymore, so I haven't been checked.

Mama, if you can possibly find the funds, I think this is an important time to do so.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*duckpond View Post
    Mama, if you can possibly find the funds, I think this is an important time to do so.
    What you're describing just doesn't sound right to me. There are a variety of things that might cause it. I think you should see a doctor. Hang in there, mama! I'm glad you came to us for support, I hope you feel better soon!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Please see your doctor or midwife, mama.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I'm sorry you're going through this. I don't think there's much information we can offer here; what you're experiencing is not a normal situation. You need to see your doctor, or go to the emergency room if you don't have another option. Not only to find out what's causing it, but you could be getting anemic from blood loss. Please take care of yourself so you can take care of your baby.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--