Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: low supply related to menstrual cycle

Default low supply related to menstrual cycle

At least I think that's the issue. I've had a very low supply for the past few days and I started today. What can I do to make my supply go back up. I have a small supply in the freezer, but my daughter hates the bottle and doesn't seem to like bm in her sippy cup. Any advice would be appreciated!

Default Re: low supply related to menstrual cycle

Generally all that is required is for you to nurse on demand. The baby will nurse more, drain the breast more completely, and thereby increase supply. If you're working outside the home, you need to mimic that pattern of increased demand with your pump, by pumping more often and/or for longer time periods.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Agree with Mommal, additionally, my supply always goes back up naturally a couple of days into my period.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

I do nurse on demand and then pump afterwards. She seems to be fine, it just concerns me because my supply hasn't been what it used to be and I'm afraid that I won't be able to nurse her for much longer. Thanks!