Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sleeping too much??

Default Sleeping too much??

Hi ladies!

I am a little worry that my 3 month old is sleeping about 7-8 hrs at night. She sleeps in her bassinet right next to me. She used to wake up every 3-4 hours before. She nurses all day and seems to be gaining weight ok. But she is not nursing at night. Should i wake her up? My 2 year old boy seemed to nurse ALL night long until he was like 17 months. That is why I am a little concern that DD is sleeping too much. I am still nursing my 2 year old son. Last night I had to wake him up to nurse bc i was way too full since DD was sleeping for so long. I will appreciate any comments.
    Thanks,
    Dilcia

Sofía Lyn
    Weight at birth 6lbs 13oz
    Weight at 1 month 8lbs 10oz
    Weight at 2 months 10lbs 2oz
    Mami of Benjamin
    BW = 7 lbs 2 oz
    2 mo = 11 lbs
    4 mo = 14 lbs 6 oz
    6 mo = 15 lbs 14 oz
    7 mo = 16 lbs 15 oz

We are lots of and

Default Re: Sleeping too much??

Let her sleep, mama. Some babies do sleep through, and as long as you nurse on demand it's to follow the baby's lead. Especially at 3 months of age. It would be different if she were a newborn, but at this age I think it's really fine. And your supply will adjust after a few nights, maybe a bit longer.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I with PP! Enjoy the sleep now :-) mine slept thru the night at 3 months and then never did that again!

Oh! And that's awesome you're tandem BF! I hope I can be that cool someday :-)
    I'm Melanie

First time mom to my sweet baby girl born October 2010
    Still
    We full-time and love it!

I agree with PPs...let her sleep. My DS did the same thing--started sleeping through the night at about 1 month until he was about 4 months old. Then he started waking up again--often. Enjoy it while it lasts!