Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Question about poopy diapers

Post Question about poopy diapers

Hello mommies! I have a general question. My DS is 16 weeks now and I'm just wondering what exactly is he correct number of poopy diapers he is supposed to be producing. I'm EBF. Lately he will poop like 4-5 times in the morning then not so many times throughout the day. I just want to make sure he is getting enough breast milk. Does the # change with age? Thank u!
    Mommy to Desmond born 2/4/2011 8lbs 13 oz and Dean born 6/4/2014 7lbs 14oz

Loving and

Default Re: Question about poopy diapers

This link covers diaper output in an older baby: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/enoughmilk-older.html
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

My son is 8 months old and for the past 2 months even skips days. He usually goes every third day, but goes constantly the day he does go.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

I worried about this as my LO went from poopy diapers after every feeding to not going for 2 days. She is 6 mo now and will still occasionally miss a day or two but usually has at least 2 on the days she does go. If its been a few days since, she may have even more than that. I'd visit the kellymom link from the PP. There is good info on that site.