Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 7 month old fussy at breast

Default 7 month old fussy at breast

Hello ladies!!

My 7 mo old LO has started some new behaviors while nursing that have me perplexed. She will nurse throughout the day (usually every 2-3 hours) but unlss she is nursing to go to sleep, the session has change from what it used to be. She will nurse on one side for maybe 5-10 mins. Then she will pull off, fuss, so I will take her off and offer the other side. She will usually take that for about 5 mins. Then she will fuss and pull off. I will take her off and stand her on my lap to talk to her and she will start arching her back and fussing. So I sit her on my lap and she lunges for the boob again. I put her on the boob and we repeat the whole process. Finally after going through this 2 or 3 times I think that maybe she wants me to put her down on the floor to play. So I do that and she fusses there too! She has been drooling more than before...so maybe it's teething she doesn't have any teeth yet so I don't know what her "teething behaviors" look like. And she doesnt have a fever and no other symptoms of being sick

She's not on a nursing strike but it breaks my heart because our nursing sessions were so sweet and now they've turned into flailing sessions. Am I ever going to get those sweet moments back?
    I'm Melanie

First time mom to my sweet baby girl born October 2010
    Still
    We full-time and love it!

Default Re: 7 month old fussy at breast

I think there is a good chance it is teething. Have you tried to give her some tylenol and see what she acts like? That might give you some clues as to whether she is in pain or not.
    Jessica

Moma to DS1-the monkinroanie (3/09) and DS2-the sweet pumpkin (5/12)
    Strong Women- May we have the delight of knowing them, the courage to be them and the privilege of raising them.
    And yes I know my spelling terrible (is that spelled right? )

i bet teething too.

You'll get many, many sweeter moments than what you've already experienced, mama.

I would also try tylenol. you'll know if that helps, it's probably teething.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jbean1979 View Post
    i bet teething too.

You'll get many, many sweeter moments than what you've already experienced, mama.

I would also try tylenol. you'll know if that helps, it's probably teething.

You could also try to offer her a cold/frozen washcloth to chew on as well.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Thanks ladies for all the suggestions!'I haven't tried Tylenol but I will the next time she is acting all crazy baby like that :-)

And I am looking forward to the even sweeter nursing times ahead!
    I'm Melanie

First time mom to my sweet baby girl born October 2010
    Still
    We full-time and love it!