Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help! antibiotics?

Default Help! antibiotics?

i'm scared that i may have a UTI infection and i'm afraid to be put on antibiotics. do i need to stop nursing when on antibiotics? what are the risks to my lo? i've had frequent uti's in the past and it feels like one. i'm just petrified not to be able to nurse.

tia

Default Re: Help! antibiotics?

If you tell your doctor you are breastfeeding he or she can probably prescribe an antibiotic that will allow you to continue breastfeeding.

I had several UTI's when I was pg and went on antibiotics that were safe. If there are some that are safe during pg, I am sure that they are safe for nursing too. Just talk to your dr.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

You can take antibiotics and will want to start some acidophilus with that as well to avoid yeast/thrush. Hope you feel better soon.

o good. hopefully i'll be able to get one that's safe for bf. thank you!