Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Scott's Emulsion Cod Liver Oil

Post Scott's Emulsion Cod Liver Oil

Hi,
    Does anyone here take Cod Liver Oil? I used to take it daily but stopped when I got pregnant. Would like to continue to take it again but not sure if it will affect my breast milk.

Advice much appreciated.

Default Re: Scott's Emulsion Cod Liver Oil

why did you stop taking it in the first place? I honeslty dont know if you can take it now, I just remember taking it when I was little (orange and cherry flavors very fond memories) it must have omega... fatty... things (pardon me english second language) so if anything it should be good for you, maybe someone else has better advice or you can ask your physician or your childs pediatrician if its ok, hope you get an answer `cause just the other day I was thinking how much id love to take it again but someone told me it was just for kids and made me stop at 18 ¬¬

I stopped taking it cos it is written in the box that it is not suitable for pregnant women. Normally things that are not for pregnant women, most likely is also not suitable for breastfeeding. I take the natural flavour (white colour) with a really strong fishy smell.

I will ask my doctor when I see him in 2 weeks time.

there are also a lot medication that you can take while lactating that you cannot take while youre pregant... so theres a chance