Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Weaning...

Default Re: Our Weaning...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    She said something cute though. When I was getting ready to shower she said "I want mommy's midwife to make mommy's ma-milks not hurt anymore"
    I don't know where she got the Idea that the MW could do that
    She met her for the first time yesterday and really liked her.
    What a sweetheart! you know, she may wean now and want to nurse again after the baby is born. I don't mean this in a scare you kind of way. I mean it a that was really sweet and she'll realize that your ma-milks aren't hurting when she sees the baby nurse.

I think if Lilah had nursed right after the baby was born, she would have not kept on going... she seems to be disgusted by the taste of my milk now.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    What a sweetheart! you know, she may wean now and want to nurse again after the baby is born. I don't mean this in a scare you kind of way. I mean it a that was really sweet and she'll realize that your ma-milks aren't hurting when she sees the baby nurse.

I think if Lilah had nursed right after the baby was born, she would have not kept on going... she seems to be disgusted by the taste of my milk now.
    I was wondering if she was noticing that too I've never said anything about it hurting because of the baby so I don't know.

Has Lilah shown any interest at all??
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

She wants to nurse, but then if I let her try to, she laughs and runs off. What she REALLY wants is attention... and she thinks that's how the baby is getting attention.

She did latch on one time and got some of my milk in her mouth. She hasn't even pretended to nurse since that day.

And as exhausting as it is sometimes, I can't imagine nursing both of them.
    Tracie

Mommy to

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    She wants to nurse, but then if I let her try to, she laughs and runs off. What she REALLY wants is attention... and she thinks that's how the baby is getting attention.

She did latch on one time and got some of my milk in her mouth. She hasn't even pretended to nurse since that day.

And as exhausting as it is sometimes, I can't imagine nursing both of them.
    Thats cute though
    I can see A wanting a lot of attention once the baby is born!
    Proud mom of 2:

Last night was day 3. It went as ok as day 2. She asked before bed. Kept saying she wanted too. Then she got all bent out of shape. She didn't cry or throw a tantrum but she does this thing (that's actually quite humorous - she does it other times too when I tell her she can't do/have something) where she just rants on and on and on and does not shut up. So she's saying stuff like when the baby comes out she's going to drink all the milk and that the baby will have none. She's not sharing. She wants milk, she likes to drink milk. I'm going to open up mommy's dress and take milks. And it's just this huge rant that I had no idea she was capable of.
    Then she eventually just starts gabbing on and on about something else and wants to lay on my arm, gets quiet and we both fall asleep.

I'm feeling alot better about weaning too.
    Proud mom of 2:

Tracie

Mommy to

Well....this weekend was a little rough as I thought it might be.
    Friday was ok.
    Saturday in the am she likes to snuggle and nurse when she wakes up. She started freaking out. Then Dh started freaking out like "what is wrong with you? What do you want". I talked to him later that day about my having a hard time with weaning. But he didn't really say anything. Nothing besides "ok, uh huh". As much as I figured. He just doesn't know what to say. I'm really so glad I have everyone here to talk to.
    Saturday night was fine. She asked once, that was it and went to sleep.
    Now Sunday is where I messed up.
    I didn't want another freak out in the am. So I gave in and nursed. And it was so sweet. That was fine, but then she needed a nap later and needed to nurse to sleep. Alright, so I'm thinking what did I start? Now I have to start all over. She was not happy when she wanted to stay on the boob after she woke up and I couldn't tolerate it. She wanted to go back to sleep.
    So I'm expecting the worst Sunday night...and she didn't even ask to nurse
    So here I am all upset again.
    I think I'm just generally having a hard time with being unhappy as it is. I can't stand our opposite schedules. I can't stand not seeing DH and then when I do spend time with him it's so stressful - like I just want it to be Monday again. DD is pretty good when its me and her but when it's all three of us she likes to test us. And I feel like I have to constantly manage.
    Proud mom of 2:

Your schedules are very hard. I know you guys can't do one income, but could one of you drop a day of work and go more part time? Have you found any preschools that would give AM a little time outside of the house with other kids? I know you were looking around, but I wasn't sure if anything has come of it. If worse comes to worse, could you find a DCP for both kids and get you and DH back on a day work schedule so you are both home together?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    Your schedules are very hard. I know you guys can't do one income, but could one of you drop a day of work and go more part time? Have you found any preschools that would give AM a little time outside of the house with other kids? I know you were looking around, but I wasn't sure if anything has come of it. If worse comes to worse, could you find a DCP for both kids and get you and DH back on a day work schedule so you are both home together?
    I don't know. When I first went back to work with A I was doing 4 days. I'm not sure if I can swing that this time. Things are kind of uncertain here at my job. I don't really know what's going to happen. Hopefully in another month I'll have a better idea. I have a few things going on in my head but things need to get calmer here first. Whatever happens, I need to keep the insurance. BUT DH has been talking about looking for a new job - so maybe he can have the burden of carrying the insurance - I'm sick of it.

We are going to register her for one in the fall 2 days a week. See how it goes - maybe we can move it to 3 or 5 depending on how it goes.

Daycare is so darn expensive. I don't even know if we can afford it. But it's not really out of my mind. I think he's more against it than I am.
    Proud mom of 2:

I agree. I think it's admirable when a family works it out like that so the kids don't have to be in day care, but it's so hard on all of you to not really have much cohesive time as a family.

Weaning isn't an all or nothing thing. It's a process. You didn't make any mistakes.
    Tracie

Mommy to