Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Weaning...

Default Re: Our Weaning...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    Just catching up on this thread! My DH and I are both a little restless with our work situation too. DH is a SAHP, but he'd rather be working outside the home. I'm a working parent, and I pay all the bills and keep us all insured, and the pressure is a killer, and of course I'd rather be at home more, but you know, it's simply not an option. And with DH at home, we can't afford daycare, but it would be hard for DH to get a job that even broke even on the cost of daycare in our area, because it is INSANE.

Both DH and I constantly remind ourselves that we need to try to make the best of our less-than-ideal situation. But it's a constant challenge. I hope you guys can figure out a way to have more family time, because the split-shift parenting thing is HARD.
    Thanks, this really means a lot.

Last night DD did not ask to nurse again. I feel much better today. Thank you all for being here for me.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

You know, this is why it boggles my mind that most of this country doesn't think that the government should be offering health insurance/care to EVERYONE, not just the elderly and destitute. You are being railroaded into a situation that is not ideal because you can't afford to do anything else since your health insurance is at your employer.

Awesome about the not nursing though.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    You know, this is why it boggles my mind that most of this country doesn't think that the government should be offering health insurance/care to EVERYONE, not just the elderly and destitute. You are being railroaded into a situation that is not ideal because you can't afford to do anything else since your health insurance is at your employer.

Awesome about the not nursing though.
    I know, I know, I'm stuck.
    Proud mom of 2:

She still hasn't asked this week but the weekend is here, so we will see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully she won't ask over the weekend.

She is learning though this process though We were looking at books with pics of babies nursing and she points to the one pic and says " Mommy this baby is not opening wide - hurt mommy" Then there was an illustration of how to latch the baby on and she's saying "LOOK! LOOK! BABY OPENING WIDE!" It was so cute!

This is a big step for her - not too long ago she's telling me that baby's drink cow milk from bottles and she's the only one that has ma-milks. "Baby have none" she said.
    Proud mom of 2:

Awww. Good luck this weekend.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Babygirl05 just want to thank you for sharing. My son is 33 months old and I just started my cycle a couple of months ago. So it sucks getting sore nipples again. That's the only time it really bothers me to nurse and he is so sweet and says he's sorry if I say they hurt that I can't refuse him. I also have been explaining to him that some day he won't need them and he states he is still a baby. Any way I know someday it will end for us and not having a friends or family members who have BF so long it is helpful to read your story and no I am not alone. Thanks again!
    Did this for 9months with Kailey and Hailey
    who are now 8.

weaned Dane somewhere around 3.5 no longer he likes to sleep with his sisters He's now 5

Now I am , , My baby Cruz who is almost 6 months and my last baby

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*romeroke View Post
    Babygirl05 just want to thank you for sharing. My son is 33 months old and I just started my cycle a couple of months ago. So it sucks getting sore nipples again. That's the only time it really bothers me to nurse and he is so sweet and says he's sorry if I say they hurt that I can't refuse him. I also have been explaining to him that some day he won't need them and he states he is still a baby. Any way I know someday it will end for us and not having a friends or family members who have BF so long it is helpful to read your story and no I am not alone. Thanks again!
    You're welcome. I really needed to share my feelings to help me but I'm really glad I could help someone else too!
    -----
    So I nursed DD on Sunday again this week. And when she gets on there, she never wants to get off. It's hard to say no on a lazy morning and I don't feel like having her freak out in bed. So I guess since May 30 she's nursed 2 days then. Each Sunday since then.

she always surprises me though. Last night I'm trying to get her to go to sleep and she's saying something about "only laying on ma-milks b/c they hurt" then she's going on and asking "when they will stop hurting" And somehow she's come to the conclusion that they will stop hurting when the baby comes out. So I said "Maybe, then you can share" and she said "NO! I will drink them all and the baby will have none. I will throw the baby in the trash!" WTF??
    Proud mom of 2:

Alright, we're still in the process of weaning. This past week DD nursed once during the week when I came home from work. And then Saturday, Sunday and today in the morning. So it's more than the week before. Sometimes she just starts freaking out and she's so tired and won't stop, it's the only thing that calms her Such a useful parenting tool!
    Proud mom of 2:

Still at it here. She was asking last night and I kept telling her no. She threw a minor fit, but wasn't really crying, just whining about it for a few minutes and kicking around about it. I try to explain that it hurts. Eventually she settled down and went to sleep. I felt bad. So then when I feel bad, I think that maybe I should just go ahead and nurse her. Is it wrong to let her cry about it? I think that especially since I can't comfort her by hugging/talking/etc - that's why I feel so bad. I feel like I'm just shutting her out.

We managed to do only one morning this weekend instead of both. I bribed her with the playground. Then there was the other day where she was just being impossible and that was not a good day all together. I nursed her so she'd nap and stop freaking out. But whenever I try and pull her off she freaks out even more.
    Proud mom of 2:

Sorry this isn't going so smoothly! I know this isn't the same but my daughter got mad at her new pet kitten and said "all done kitty! go away!" when she was mad at her...and she loves her. I'm sure your little girl will love the baby but there will be adjustments. Sigh. Hang in there.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.