Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Our Weaning...

Default Re: Our Weaning...

I don't know, it just reminds me of how things went with her and Nora when she talks about it. I'm not sure if she had a weaning thread or not... she weaned Nora during pregnancy and she would go a week or so without nursing, and then nurse again and then one day she hadn't asked to nurse in a long time and Paige knew she was done.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Oh, ok. Thanks. I was actually wondering when you call weaning. Like, when are they officially weaned. I was thinking that maybe if she hadn't nursed this weekend that maybe that would be it, but also, she DOES still ask to nurse but most of the time I just say no and she's ok with it So it's still on her mind.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

You're taking it slower than I did... I pretty much had to be DONE. I couldn't do it anymore. So, Lilah nursed a few days before Thanksgiving, I guess, and even though she asked to nurse again after that, we were done.

ETA: She did nurse once after the baby came, but I don't really count that...
    Tracie

Mommy to

Pretty much the only reason I agree to nurse on the weekend mornings is because I don't feel like dealing with her tantrums and waking DH up. So it's mostly out of laziness.
    Proud mom of 2:

That is kind of why I haven't bothered with night weaning. It's just easier to get her back to sleep nursing than to remind her the nummies went to sleep and she can nurse when Mr Sun comes out....then we talk about that 3 minutes and then she ends up nursing anyway.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

That's why I hadn't bothered with it either for a long time. It's just easier for everyone to nurse.

I don't think this child is ever going to be weaned. I'm mentally preparing to deal with her wanting to nurse more when the baby comes. She nursed 2-3 times this weekend.
    Proud mom of 2:

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krystine View Post
    That is kind of why I haven't bothered with night weaning. It's just easier to get her back to sleep nursing than to remind her the nummies went to sleep and she can nurse when Mr Sun comes out....then we talk about that 3 minutes and then she ends up nursing anyway.
    I can see that!
    The only reason why we night-weaned was because my pg-bfing irritation was so high at night that I was very much OK with her complaints, as long as I didn't have to bf. Now the irritation is much less and I have to remind myself not to bf overnight lest we backslide :rolleyes Sometimes this night-weaning is high-maintenance!
    Katharine
    Be the change you want to see in the world--Mahatma Gandhi
    mid-August DD (2010) & DS (2011 VBAC)
    Ouch! Is it thrush or Raynaud's phenomenon?

Katharine, I didn't know you had all that irritation! I thought that you loved BFing while pregnant because you don't complain about it as much as me I kinda was feeling bad about complaining about it all the time and not being such a great advocate. :0
    Proud mom of 2:

Katharine sure is a bright side of life kind of gal.

Katie, how are you feeling about the nursing?
    Tracie

Mommy to

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    Katharine sure is a bright side of life kind of gal.

Katie, how are you feeling about the nursing?
    She, is isn't she!

I'm feeling...I don't know. Well. I do not want to nurse her at all, but am not extremely irritated either because its 1x or 2x per week. I am pretty sure it's the contractions that make me not want to have anything to do with nursing because if she asks that's one of the first things I think about. She has not forgotten about milks though and she asks most days. But now when I tell her no, she doesn't usually freak out. Somehow, on her own, she came to the conclusion that after the baby comes out the milks wont hurt anymore and she can drink them. And quite honestly that scares me. Because she can be very demanding and very needy and I dont' feel like dealing with her tantrums when I'm trying to nurse the baby. I don't want her to want to nurse every time he does. she told me the other day "I miss ma-milks". So I guess I still feel conflicted too.
    Proud mom of 2: