Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Our Weaning...

Default Re: Our Weaning...

Thanks Krystine. She seems to be getting a little better when we talk about the baby lately, hopefully she'll be ready. Weaning is still going on. We are really down to weekends only. I wonder how long that can go on She's asked a few nights this week before bed but I've said no or either distracted her with another story. She does not like it when I say no, but she's not really throwing a tantrum either
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Katie, it sounds like it's going really well.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Thanks Tracie. I feel much better about it most of the time. There are times when she's crying about it and that's when I feel bad. I'm wondering if she's going to completely wean by the time the baby comes or if she's going to start demanding to nurse more often when he's here I think it could go either way.
    Proud mom of 2:

Somehow, we managed not to nurse this weekend! I think because I got up and out of bed before my DD did.
    But last night I was telling DH about how DD falls asleep now. What we do. I scratch her back and tell her a story. Then she starts rambling on to him about her telling me "I want ma-milks, I want ma-milks, and mommy says no no no and I say I want ma-milks"
    Proud mom of 2:

I have 18-mo-old twins that I am starting to wean. I just go to a point and realized, hey, I need sleep. I need to have some say over when I take my shirt off! It's OK for me to say, I don't feel like it right now. We nurse at consistent times every day and this has helped a lot. I just tell my girls "It's not time for milk, it's time for snack/sleeping/stories." If I am firm and consistent and offer an appropriate substitute I feel like I am being fair and they get the message and can move on. They are just learning to say please and it is so hard to tell them no when they look up with their big eyes and say that magic word. Good luck!

I know what you mean about the word "please" it breaks my heart!!
    Good luck with your weaning. We are getting there slowly.
    Proud mom of 2:

Well, we nursed once yesterday. I was kindof hoping to get through the weekend without it and then it would have been 2 weeks since the last time, but I was too lazy to get out of bed earlier on sunday. But yeah, I get a LOT of contractions now when she's nursing and I don't like it. Good thing is, the actual nursing doesn't hurt anymore.
    Proud mom of 2:

That's really interesting Katie. I never really got any contractions from the nursing. I stopped nursing 6 weeks before Beatrix was born, 4 weeks before her due date.

I'm glad it doesn't hurt. You know, Paige, norasmommy - your weaning and hers sound very similar.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

My theory on why I'm having contractions is that I'm not nursing frequently enough for my body to be used to nursing I don't know if that makes sense. But when I was nursing daily I didn't have any, only when the sessions started becoming farther apart then, I started having them. And they get stronger the longer she nurses.

I'm glad it doesn't hurt either, because I was really getting worried that it was going to hurt nursing the new baby. Like that I'd go into it timid and afraid to nurse him from the start.
    Proud mom of 2:

Where is Paige's story?
    Proud mom of 2: