Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Mini-strike

Default Mini-strike

So, my daughter had a mini-nursing strike this evening, and it really stressed me out. I so sympathize w/ you mamas that deal with this for days and weeks on end.

She woke up fussy from her nap this afternoon, and I tried to nurse her, but she wasn't having it. It had only been 2 hours, so I thought she may have just been out of sorts and not hungry. So I calmed her down and we chilled for a bit. Then my husband left to pick us up dinner, and I sat down to nurse. It had been just over 3 hours since her last nursing session, which is about typical for her. She wigged out. Would not latch, would not calm.

I held her in the cradle position, and was finally able to get her to take my finger. She sucked on it for a while, and then started to doze. When she was good and sleepy, I slipped my finger out and my boob in. She just kept on going. Woke up when she was done with a big grin.

If she does this again I'm going to get her ears looked at, b/c she's had a runny nose for a couple of days. But anyway, just wanted to share. I was trying not to freak out, but it was hard not to.
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

Default Re: Mini-strike

That's happened to us, too. It was about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and Lillian went for 5 or 6 hours (she's usually an every 1.5-2 hrs kind of gal) without nursing, and it FREAKED me out. Soooo much sympathy for the nursing strike mamas.
    Elizabeth, mama to Lillian - 10/03/10

Default Re: Mini-strike

Sorry jeno. Are you worried it has anything to do with bottles?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months