Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: bottles??

Default bottles??

ive tried three types of bottles but my lo still wont take them:
    medela
    avent
    platex drop ins silicone and latex nipple

he starts daycare next week so i have to buy some to send and i dont know what to do. he has only latched on to the medela, but it was only for a very short period...maybe 30 sec 2 or 3 times. ive tried all the bottles several times.

should i get several medelas or try more? i feel like im just throwing money away.

any advice would be appreciated.

Default Re: bottles??

has somebody besides you tried?
    sometimes they just will not take a bottle from mom at all.

Hang in there and give him some time

How long will you be gone for the day? How old is baby?

many kids will just take very little milk when your appart and will make up for nursing more when your together.

thank you.

my dh has tried but doesnt make it a priority, i end up trying myself most days. he also thinks his way is best, wont listen to my suggestions like wrapping the bottle in one of my shirts etc

Do you think it could be a problem with the speed of the nipple flow? Are you using the slow-flow nipples? DS freaks out when we have accidentally used a fast-flowing one.

What about a wider nipple? I have NUK bottles that have a wide nipple, that are more "breast-like."

thank you for the ideas. we use slow flow, I actually dont know what the medela is, it just came with my pump. Thats the one he works best with ironically, the one I got for free.

i spoke with my dh about how important it is and he did it yesterday with some success. Its hard when I am not the one doing it, i feel like i'm nagging but i am glad he finally committed some time to making it work. unfortunately he's at work until tomorrow night so we wont be able to try again today or tomorrow!

I will keep the nuk in mind if we have trouble again.

Thanks!

It's usually harder to get the baby to take the bottle from Mother than anyone else. I think if you aren't around, and it's the only way to get milk, it goes better.

Way too lazy for formula