Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Random BLS rambles

Default Re: Random BLS rambles

For me it gives me a chance to see a little bit about what Glowworm actually ate. "O look--he actually swallowed some carrots rather than just getting them squashed in his eyebrows and in all of those parts of the high chair that are hard to clean."

He also can succeed in getting food down his clothing and on the outside of his diaper, which is what I first thought you were talking about.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*scienceteachermommy View Post
    For me it gives me a chance to see a little bit about what Glowworm actually ate. "O look--he actually swallowed some carrots rather than just getting them squashed in his eyebrows and in all of those parts of the high chair that are hard to clean."

He also can succeed in getting food down his clothing and on the outside of his diaper, which is what I first thought you were talking about.
    Gotcha.
    ~Tiffany~

Truly blessed by God
    Wife to Will
    First Time Mom to C 2/18/11
    Made it 6 Mos. EBF Now enjoying BLS
    My baby is a year old now!

jack got down carrot pieces (which i knew because they were in his diaper). i think they were a little hard. he had THE worst poops, like his body was just pushing it out. do you think maybe the carrots irritated his digestive system?

btw, we had scrambled eggs and they were a hit

DD just ate a little bit of banana with a little gag and "Da-Da's" here and there...She seems to have enjoyed sucking her sticky fingers the most.
    ~Tiffany~

Truly blessed by God
    Wife to Will

Along with his carrots tonight I let LO have some black olive slices--a big hit.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*scienceteachermommy View Post
    The first time I saw chunks of food in the diaper (sweet potato and blackberry). . .I took a picture I have since deleted it. But I was so proud.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mtmama View Post
    jack got down carrot pieces (which i knew because they were in his diaper). i think they were a little hard. he had THE worst poops, like his body was just pushing it out. do you think maybe the carrots irritated his digestive system?

btw, we had scrambled eggs and they were a hit
    Ehhh. . .sometimes they make a big deal about their poops. They said something to that effect in the Rapley book. If he's not like overly fussy, I bet he's fine.
    Last edited by @llli*katia11; October 24th, 2011 at 08:19 PM.

Beans are a hit! DD doesn't quite have her pincer grasp so I think I should give her bigger pieces of food. Today she would grab a bean, smash it into her palm, bring her hand to her mouth, miss (or get a tiny bit), and then suck her fingers. She did better with the larger beans.
    ~Tiffany~

Truly blessed by God
    Wife to Will

Cooked carrots are a constipating food, so if you really think they were causing a problem maybe offer something like peaches or plums along with them next time.

Strange development: my son now enjoys being fed with a spoon. We have given him little tastes of things he isn't supposed to have, like ice cream or sweetened yogurt, by dipping a spoon in it and letting him suck some off. Last weekend my parents babysat for a few days and my mother said she was spoon feeding him applesauce and yogurt and he LOVED it, lunging with his mouth open for more.

Is this odd? He has never been spoon fed, other than the sweet little licks we have given him on occasion.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sassypants View Post
    Strange development: my son now enjoys being fed with a spoon. We have given him little tastes of things he isn't supposed to have, like ice cream or sweetened yogurt, by dipping a spoon in it and letting him suck some off. Last weekend my parents babysat for a few days and my mother said she was spoon feeding him applesauce and yogurt and he LOVED it, lunging with his mouth open for more.

Is this odd? He has never been spoon fed, other than the sweet little licks we have given him on occasion.
    I don't think so, necessarily. If I thought spoons always held sweet foods, and the way to get it was to let someone feed it to me, I'd love spoons, too!

DS really won't touch food at daycare, so they're back to spoon-feeding him cereal. And now he'll only take cereal if they put applesauce on the spoon with it. Last night, he wouldn't touch his dinner. I know he was tired, but I wonder if it's too much going between being spoon-fed at daycare and eating at home. I don't want my DS to develop a complex about food, and I really think he should be leading the way. That's why I chose to do BLS. But now I feel like we're creating more drama by the difference in what's going on at daycare and what's going on at home. I don't worry about DS actually eating food. But I do worry that I'm somehow psychologically damaging him with the split routine A new daycare isn't an option, so I have to figure out how to make this work. Any ideas?

I don't think it's messing him up too bad. . . Do you have the Rapley book? I think it said that it's perfectly possible to "combination feed"-- the only disadvantage is that it gives him less chances to practice, and therefore it will take longer for him to figure things out.

I'm sorry your daycare is so strict though It sounds like your little guy just needs time to figure things out. But unless your DCP absolutely requires him to eat something, I wouldn't worry about it if he doesn't. Keep trying! He'll eventually get it.