Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Random BLS rambles

Default Re: Random BLS rambles

Yesterday's report went like this:

Breakfast: ate a few Cheerios. Threw pancake on floor.
    Lunch: Put sweet potato in mouth and spit it back out. Ate nothing.
    Snack: apples

At this point, I wonder if he ate the apples, or if they just got tired of writing all DS's antics down.

He smashed up a pumpkin pancake last night and ate bites of it. He also ate some Cheerios and played with some noodles. He's really digging the carbs right now. I think it's because he has an easier time handling them. I know he likes bananas, but we're having difficulty finding a way for him to feed himself bananas easily. I found something about coating banana pieces with Cheerio dust or wheat germ to make them less slippery. I think we'll try that tonight.

So Gavin ate one brownie : gg I am not proud of this, but, when you get past n = 1 children, things happen.

Logan had a brownie and was eating at the coffee table. Gav toddled up and grabbed it and smashed it down before I could stop him.

He loves firm food. And he finally stopped gagging and choking. Lots of practice is what it took.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    I am not proud of this, but, when you get past n = 1 children, things happen.
    DS1 learned how to drink from a sippy cup by drinking from the water cups DD left all over the house.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    Logan had a brownie and was eating at the coffee table. Gav toddled up and grabbed it and smashed it down before I could stop him.
    Smart baby, going for the good stuff!

Daycare left me a note yesterday asking what we do at home to get DS to eat. Um, other than offer food? He eats or doesn't eat. No big deal. He takes all his bottles really well. The boy apparently just loves his milk!

i think its interesting how hung up many people get about babies under a year eating solids, as though they are supposed to suddenly eat X amount X times a day. Maybe its people who don't bf i'm confused.

milk is good, your lo is just content right now and that is a good thing

love the idea of rolling a banana in cheerios, maybe that is why jack is meh about bananas!

LO got a pizza crust (whole wheat) tonight. He has been gnawing on it but mostly he has been waving it around and talking to it.
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*scienceteachermommy View Post
    LO got a pizza crust (whole wheat) tonight. He has been gnawing on it but mostly he has been waving it around and talking to it.

we had pizza too

DD reached for and "got down" her first little stalk of broccoli 2 days ago.
    However, it showed up in her diaper pretty much unchanged. I would assume this means she hasn't quite gotten the chewing thing down...Should I keep offering for practice or back up?
    ~Tiffany~

Truly blessed by God
    Wife to Will
    First Time Mom to C 2/18/11
    Made it 6 Mos. EBF Now enjoying BLS
    My baby is a year old now!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*firstbaby2011 View Post
    DD reached for and "got down" her first little stalk of broccoli 2 days ago.
    However, it showed up in her diaper pretty much unchanged. I would assume this means she hasn't quite gotten the chewing thing down...Should I keep offering for practice or back up?
    My understanding is that it is a problem with digestion, not chewing. As they are learning to eat "real" food, their digestive systems are also learning how to digest things that are a lot more difficult to digest than BM.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*scienceteachermommy View Post
    My understanding is that it is a problem with digestion, not chewing. As they are learning to eat "real" food, their digestive systems are also learning how to digest things that are a lot more difficult to digest than BM.
    Ah, ok, thanks! I'll probably post this question in a new thread as well. I will look into getting Baby Led Weaning by Rapley as well.
    ~Tiffany~

Truly blessed by God
    Wife to Will
    First Time Mom to C 2/18/11
    Made it 6 Mos. EBF Now enjoying BLS
    My baby is a year old now!