Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Random BLS rambles

Default Re: Random BLS rambles

I would like to report that my son successfully maneuvered pre-loaded spoons of cereal into his mouth, using the handle end, multiple times in a row. When some fell off onto in his tray he did pick it up with his hands and shoveled it into his mouth, so we were just as messy as ever, but it was still great to watch

Still no luck with the cup situation. I think he stopped trying when he got a sip and realized I stopped putting juice in there and it was only water. I would put BM in there but I don't want to risk wasting it until he gets the hang of it. We are especially tight on BM right now.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

Note to all--only give LO blackberries right before a planned bath.

He does love them, though.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

This is probably TMI...hahaha....just a forewarning. DS hadn't pooped in 2 days...today was day 3. I thought he was playing quietly in his play-yard only to come back to a very full diaper. When I opened it, it was clear as day - poop separated almost directly down the middle, as if it was saying "This is what Matthew ate two nights ago, and this is what he ate last night." The first part was bright orange from the sweet potato binge he went on the first night, and the second part was dark dark color - from all the blueberries he ate last night.

Despite the stink-ness, it made me appreciate BLS and letting my baby decide what and how much of things he wants to eat.
    Proud mama to Matthew Rory, born naturally 10/29/10, and mama to Callie Elisabeth, born naturally 5/15/12.

all i took away from your post was ... blueberries... good idea

how do you give them to him, cut in half? i think jack would struggle to pick those up.

jack was gagging big time on broccoli. dh was all but he handled it well

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mtmama View Post
    all i took away from your post was ... blueberries... good idea
    Probably better that way!

I squish them...i just put it on his tray and squish it a little before he gets to it. He also enjoys them mashed up in yogurt, but I think his personal favorite is in some homemade pancakes. He could eat warm, melted blueberries all day I think. I put so many in the pancake that he ends up eating almost all blueberries.

He likes grapes too...but I cut those into quarters before I give them to him...and recently, he's been spitting out the skins. We end up with a grape-skin graveyard on his bib/lap.
    Proud mama to Matthew Rory, born naturally 10/29/10, and mama to Callie Elisabeth, born naturally 5/15/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jennygal View Post
    Probably better that way!

I squish them...i just put it on his tray and squish it a little before he gets to it. He also enjoys them mashed up in yogurt, but I think his personal favorite is in some homemade pancakes. He could eat warm, melted blueberries all day I think. I put so many in the pancake that he ends up eating almost all blueberries.

He likes grapes too...but I cut those into quarters before I give them to him...and recently, he's been spitting out the skins. We end up with a grape-skin graveyard on his bib/lap.

first of all i warm blueberries!!! i have them in my oatmeal..yum! i am totally making pancakes with A LOT of blueberries this weekend!

today i gave jack 1/4 of grapes, he gave me a dirty look and i thought it might be the skins... i have him pieces where i tool the skins off and he was much happier.

Yum! Have fun!! Just a warning...the blueberry stains come off their faces like nothing, but it usually takes a day to get the stains out of their little fingers. I took him to a Gymboree class last week after a blueberry-infested morning, and everyone was staring at his fingers...LOL. I had to explain to them that I let my baby feed himself and he had a feast of blueberries that morning.

Good call...maybe I'll go the extra momma mile and skin those grapes for him next time.

we just did blueberry pancakes... THE best!!! thank you

We are now moving to BLS at daycare as well as home because DS is refusing to eat his rice cereal. I figured it would come some time! So today I dropped all pretenses, decided to let them think I was crazy, and sent squished chickpeas and a piece of broccoli. They have puffs and crackers he can eat, too. I told them he'd probably throw the broccoli around instead of eating it and smash the chickpeas, and they were okay with that. So when I wanted to just start with finger foods he could self-feed, I was the crazy mom. But now that he's refusing rice cereal and we're doing what I originally planned, I'm totally reasonable. Just wait 'til I send him with pumpkin muffins and blueberry pancakes...

so you send in chickpeas already squished? i never thought of chickpeas

what about humus? does anyone just put it on toast or do something else with it?

anyone make their own humus?