Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Random BLS rambles

Default Re: Random BLS rambles

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mtmama View Post
    we tried watermelon tonight, it was a big hit
    it was a bit slippery so i helped him hold it sometimes, but overall he handled it well. i actually felt very proud of him
    [/ATTACH]
    Since you posted this, I've been inspired to get several types of melons. Lizzie loves them all, and even eats chunks of rind. I figure she'll figure out which end has the tasty bits and which end is not so good, but DH keeps trying to flip it for her so she only eats the good part. Hmmm...this is probably foreshadowing some parental disagreements down the road.
    -Hannah

SAHM-WAHM to lovely Lizzie, born at home 9/14/2010

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lizziesmom View Post
    Since you posted this, I've been inspired to get several types of melons. Lizzie loves them all, and even eats chunks of rind. I figure she'll figure out which end has the tasty bits and which end is not so good, but DH keeps trying to flip it for her so she only eats the good part. Hmmm...this is probably foreshadowing some parental disagreements down the road.
    melon is so yummy

we tried french toast too. he likes everything but still struggles getting certain things in his mouth. he just becomes so upset if we are eating and he isnt, but he cant get it to his mouth each time so he gets upset. i dont want to help too much but end up since i want him to calm down. if i hold something he will grab my hands and guide it to him mouth. anyone else deal with this?

Well baby girl is getting geared up. So far she's not cool with it. Gross face for cucumber and also apple. She was like WTH is this???? Give me boob.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

We ate a ton of watermelon in our house this summer; both my 9 month old and my 29 year old love it

Last night at dinner I watched the most amazing thing. DS has been into slightly spicy food lately, so I smeared some red pepper hummus on a plain rice cake. Never has a rice cake disappeared so fast! He loves the spice and the crunch. And he only has two teeth to work with!

We've been giving our 10 month old corn on the cob all summer - and he LOVES it. He's gotten progressively more efficient at eating it...I never put any butter on it or anything, but last night he kept reaching for my husband's corn, which of course had butter smothered all over it. My son literally sucked the corn, turning it over and over to find more butter saying "mmmmm" while he was doing it....It was so funny!
    Proud mama to Matthew Rory, born naturally 10/29/10, and mama to Callie Elisabeth, born naturally 5/15/12.

I didn't realize how much garlic my husband had put on the broccoli this evening until the baby got a bit. He yelled, dropped the broccoli, and then stuck his thumb in his mouth. The carrots and Cheerios were much better. I suggested that when DH makes broccoli in the future, he puts some aside to steam for the baby.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

hi llladies! so what do you do about sizes... do you always give something big the can grab or do you cut stuff up? how to you choose what to do?

i gave sweet potato fries... big hit. i made mini pancakes and just gave them to jack whole, he enjoyed them that way.

but sometimes i give him stuff whole and i am fearful of choking, even though i am ok with the gagging because i know hes just getting stuff up.

i wonder if he just need to develop his grabbing skills a bit

what do you do?

Glowworm starts to yell (or at least "talk" loudly) when he is done with dinner. I am glad that he doesn't do that when he is finished nursing--that definitely would make NIP awkward.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

Going through a phase (I hope!) where we take one bite of something and chuck it to the floor and immediately sign "more". He doesn't want the one he's already taken a bite out of...he wants a new piece. And he doesn't just refuse the old one...he takes it willingly and in one smooth motion removes it from my hand and whips it to the floor.

Also, not interested in "pieces" of things. He wants the whole piece of toast, not a strip. Oh the adventures we're having...
    Proud mama to Matthew Rory, born naturally 10/29/10, and mama to Callie Elisabeth, born naturally 5/15/12.

My LO has always been a food flinger. He just gets excited and starts waving his arms, forgetting there is something in his hand until it flies across the room. (The husband doesn't help, making funny faces at the dinner table so he gets excited). Lately, however, he has been doing a lot of intentional dropping of things from heights, like food off his highchair. Hopefully he gets gravity figured out soon Right now I let him drop various foods for a few minutes then give him something I know he likes to try to get him into an eating mode before putting the rest of the meal in front of him. So far this works about 50% of the time.

He has also been on a "I can drink from the cup myself" kick, even though he hasn't successfully gotten any liquid out of any cup we have tried, without parental assistance anyway. No, wait, he did get water out of the regular cup we gave him, but it was into his lap, not his mouth. We have tried sippy cups, straw cups, regular cups, and regular cups with straws all with no luck.