Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Random BLS rambles

Default Re: Random BLS rambles

are the jars at your house or hers? you could definitely give them away

jack is now obsessed with bananas. i mention this because he used to despise them. you never know what they will like.

any new ideas for food? i feel like i have been a boring mom lately. maybe because our new puppy is sucking all the life out of me

I am at her house, unfortunately. We don't have jars at our house except when she comes and buys them. Those I get rid of, good idea to donate.

We ate Japanese nabe the other night and the little guy had tofu, mushrooms and udon. He liked them all.
    the little monster 4/22/11
    squealy piggy 7/1/13
    CDing baby-wearing coffee addicted mama!

A big dill pickle at movie night at the school last night. I do need to work more on the sippy cup thing because I want to switch him to cups for cow's milk once I pump wean. I do, however, have a fairly substantial freezer stash to work through first so it may be a while before we get to cow's milk.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

Ezra absolutely LOVES broccoli! I thought that it would take a while for him to really get into liking food, but he's jumped right in. He'll eat just about anything we've given him, and eats it well. I just hope he continues to enjoy food as much as he is right now
    -Arin

Sealed for time and eternity to Chris on 08/26/10
    Mom to Ezra 06/24/11
    and Rebekah 12/27/13
    Proudly

DD had bits of cauliflower, carrots, chicken, rice, and pear today. I think she's a little hooked on Cheerios. Her poop this morning was by far the most solid and stinky yet.
    ~Tiffany~

Truly blessed by God
    Wife to Will
    First Time Mom to C 2/18/11
    Made it 6 Mos. EBF Now enjoying BLS
    My baby is a year old now!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*arin-dn View Post
    Ezra absolutely LOVES broccoli! I thought that it would take a while for him to really get into liking food, but he's jumped right in. He'll eat just about anything we've given him, and eats it well. I just hope he continues to enjoy food as much as he is right now
    Our kiddos share the same birthday ...how did you serve the broccoli?

Regarding BLS, I have read the BLS book (G. Rapley) and the website. Because DH and I were still a little nervous about BLS, we started with purees and such when DS was 6.5 months old. We would like to slowly work towards BLS - is there a "middle ground"? Can I mash up overripe pears and place them in front of him instead of individual pieces of pear (for example)?

One big reason that we are/were still nervous is that DS cannot yet sit unassisted, and he pushes a lot of food out with his little tongue. Are we being too cautious?

Sorry for the dumb questions...we are really interested in BLS but want to be comfortable with it before we start.
    Mom to my DS, born on 6/24/11. Born on the same day and at the same hospital as DH.
    Mom to my DD, born on 8/14/13.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*soundgarden View Post

Regarding BLS, I have read the BLS book (G. Rapley) and the website. Because DH and I were still a little nervous about BLS, we started with purees and such when DS was 6.5 months old. We would like to slowly work towards BLS - is there a "middle ground"? Can I mash up overripe pears and place them in front of him instead of individual pieces of pear (for example)?

One big reason that we are/were still nervous is that DS cannot yet sit unassisted, and he pushes a lot of food out with his little tongue. Are we being too cautious?

Sorry for the dumb questions...we are really interested in BLS but want to be comfortable with it before we start.
    If your son can't sit up yet then BLS is not a good idea. In fact, some would argue that sitting unassisted is a must before starting any solids. He is still getting plenty of nutrients from your milk, so don't worry too much about solids.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

Almost forgot, the reason I came into this thread today in the first place was to share a recipe.

My son is over a year and mostly weaned at this point, but I really wish I had this recipe for when he was a bit younger. He really likes cream of wheat but it is so messy! I happened to buy some instant cream of wheat to keep at work; I like the instant oatmeal, so maybe I would like this. Yuck! The instant cream of wheat texture is horrible! So what to do with the rest of it? I found this recipe and DS loves it!

1 package instant cream of wheat
    1 egg
    splash of water to thin it

Makes one large pancake, fry on a griddle with butter.

I think this is a great recipe if you are comfortable giving baby eggs and enriched cereal.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

We just steam the broccoli and serve it in big chunks

I would agree with sassypants that if your ds can't sit up by himself then BLS probably shouldn't be started yet... and maybe not even solid foods. From what I've read, the theory is that a baby's motor skills needed to eat develop at the same time as his digestive system is ready for food, so when a baby can sit up, grab the food, get it to his mouth, get some of the food in his mouth, and swallow it then his digestive system is ready for food.
    -Arin

Sealed for time and eternity to Chris on 08/26/10
    Mom to Ezra 06/24/11
    and Rebekah 12/27/13
    Proudly

So Wyatt is starting to grab at everything that I am eating. He is just 5 months. DH thinks he is ready but I think that we should wait till 6 months.

I am thinking about getting the hichair put together and maybe giving him momsicles in a mesh feeder. He is teething BAD. might kill 2 birds with one stone. I am thinking it will be quite messy

He sits pretty well, still falls over after a minute or two, and always leans down to his feet (he LOVES his feet chews on them all the time).
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude