Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Random BLS rambles

Default Re: Random BLS rambles

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mtmama View Post

jack suddenly loves bananas i made him french fries (just potatoes cut big, olive oil, and baked) he thought they were good, i loved them!
    We did the french fries last night too! How crispy did you make them? I cooked ours on at 450 degrees, but they were not as crisp as I would have liked. I made a separate smaller softer batch, but kind of regret how soft they came out. The first fry DD took seemed a bit too soft and she ended up with a bit more than she could handle in her mouth. I got nervous and stopped there . She did enjoy the broccoli. According to her diaper, she enjoyed more than I thought.
    ~Tiffany~

Truly blessed by God
    Wife to Will
    First Time Mom to C 2/18/11
    Made it 6 Mos. EBF Now enjoying BLS
    My baby is a year old now!

i love seeing the poop it can be so informative!

i made the fries quite large. i put olive oil on them and tossed them well to they were well covered. i then put tin foil on a baking sheet and sprayed it with Pam (olive oil one).

i cannot tell you the oven temp because my oven is super old (1940's) i only really look at the thermometer i have in there if i am baking a cake or something important. I bet it was between 450-500F. I will say that this was the best they ever turned out, and its the first time i baked fries in this oven (we moved in last year). i think it was the oven being like a furnace that did it. I let them cook for awhile too.

i gave jack a brownie fuzzy pic though photo.jpg

DH took Glowworm to his 9 month appointment. I asked him about how the baby was doing with his developmental milestones and DH said he couldn't answer the question about "eating off a spoon." He did tell me that there was an anti-rice cereal poster in the examination room.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

can you take a pic of the poster next time? i'd love to see it

Depends on which examination room I get. He was in what we refer to as the one without the upside down raindrops; the one with the upside down raindrops has this baby bottle mouth poster that makes me gag.
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mtmama View Post
    i love seeing the poop it can be so informative!

i made the fries quite large. i put olive oil on them and tossed them well to they were well covered. i then put tin foil on a baking sheet and sprayed it with Pam (olive oil one).

i cannot tell you the oven temp because my oven is super old (1940's) i only really look at the thermometer i have in there if i am baking a cake or something important. I bet it was between 450-500F. I will say that this was the best they ever turned out, and its the first time i baked fries in this oven (we moved in last year). i think it was the oven being like a furnace that did it. I let them cook for awhile too.

i gave jack a brownie fuzzy pic though photo.jpg
    Ok, thanks! Super cute pic by the way.
    ~Tiffany~

Truly blessed by God
    Wife to Will
    First Time Mom to C 2/18/11
    Made it 6 Mos. EBF Now enjoying BLS
    My baby is a year old now!

Mtmama, cute baby!

We gave DS blueberry pancakes over the weekend. He refused to eat the parts that didn't have any blueberry! I also tried giving him chili again last night, but he was not happy with me having the spoon, even though I just load it and give it to him. He did dump the bowl on the table and finger paint in it, though.

yes, we avoid spoon feeding because he wants his hands in everything. i've been tired and broke so we had spaghetti and veggies. he ate some, threw most of it

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*wiggle.bug View Post
    Mtmama, cute baby!

We gave DS blueberry pancakes over the weekend. He refused to eat the parts that didn't have any blueberry! I also tried giving him chili again last night, but he was not happy with me having the spoon, even though I just load it and give it to him. He did dump the bowl on the table and finger paint in it, though.
    you could try givin him something to dip in it like a bread stick, piece of crusty bun, cracker... We would do that with DD and she loved dipping things in chili, stew, soups. it took her a while to figure out to also bite the thing we would give her to dip an dshe would just use the same piece to dip over and over
    I'm Melanie and back to being a SAHM again... which is lovely!
    Mom to DD1 Peyton born June 22, 2009 @ 4:40pm (39 weeks & 6 Days) 7 lbs & 6 Oz... Successfully BF for 25 months!
    Mom to DD2 Sadie born March 3, 2012 @ 1:44am (39 weeks & 1 day) 6 lbs & 9 Oz

Glowworm likes turnip greens. DH make a hearty Tuscan soup for dinner and I gave LO greens and beans out of the soup.