Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Random BLS rambles

Default Re: Random BLS rambles

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*scienceteachermommy View Post
    Glowworm likes turnip greens. DH make a hearty Tuscan soup for dinner and I gave LO greens and beans out of the soup.
    And today I saw the beans and the turnip greens in his diaper.

Tonight he started yelling when I started eating my cornbread--I had to give him some.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*manddbp View Post
    you could try givin him something to dip in it like a bread stick, piece of crusty bun, cracker... We would do that with DD and she loved dipping things in chili, stew, soups. it took her a while to figure out to also bite the thing we would give her to dip an dshe would just use the same piece to dip over and over
    We did give him a couple crackers, and he did dip them once the chili was on the table. Then he ate around the part he had dipped.

Last night we gave DS risotto with roasted veggies. He liked the veggies, but wasn't crazy about the rice. I grabbed an apple for dessert, and, of course, he needed to share This morning, he got my banana out of my lunch bag and munched on the end, in the skin, before I could grab it. The skin had split and he was sucking out the edible part. So apparently he still likes bananas, as long as they're in the skin.
    Mom to a spirited DS1, born 2/21/2011, and DS2, born 7/3/2014.

Yellow mole--It had potato, green beans, chayote squash, and venison. When I had it on my plate but I hadn't given Glowworm some (he did have peas that he had been eating happily up to that point) he started yelling until I gave him some. He did get fussy after a bit--it might have gotten a little spicy for him. I gave him a piece of bread.
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012

DD enjoyed taste testing the mac and cheese we're making for DH's Christmas party tonight.
    ~Tiffany~

Truly blessed by God
    Wife to Will
    First Time Mom to C 2/18/11
    Made it 6 Mos. EBF Now enjoying BLS
    My baby is a year old now!

We're starting solids this weekend and I had a few questions for you veterans out there...

Do you introduce foods in the typical way (one food every few days)?
    Do you mash up things like avocado and banana, or just serve them whole?
    Do you hand foods (not on spoons) to your LO when they have a hard time picking them up?
    -Arin

Sealed for time and eternity to Chris on 08/26/10
    Mom to Ezra 06/24/11
    and Rebekah 12/27/13
    Proudly

i do introduce slowly in the beginning, but i did not wait 3 days probably bad.

i did not mash stuff up really, but my lo did not really take stuff in the beginning and he seemed to be really frustrated. so i would break things up, even chew some stuff for him at times and feed him using my fingers.

you will feel it out. it took my son a little bit to get into it. BLS is the way to go! so much fun and i am no proud of him

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*arin-dn View Post
    We're starting solids this weekend and I had a few questions for you veterans out there...

Do you introduce foods in the typical way (one food every few days)?
    Do you mash up things like avocado and banana, or just serve them whole?
    Do you hand foods (not on spoons) to your LO when they have a hard time picking them up?
    No--but we have no history of food allergies or sensitivities in our family, besides a milk allergy that DH developed in college.

No--I aimed for french fry sized pieces. If you read a lot of BLS material you will hear this described as "chip" sized. It took me a while to get my American brain around the idea that this was a British term for what we Americans call french fries.

No.

We started solids over the holiday, and E may have eaten a little more than he should have, but he did SO well at picking everything up and getting it to his mouth (along with all over his face and the floor ). My family had a great time watching him make a mess, it was fabulous!!!
    Last edited by @llli*arin-dn; December 27th, 2011 at 10:46 AM. Reason: spelling!
    -Arin

Sealed for time and eternity to Chris on 08/26/10
    Mom to Ezra 06/24/11
    and Rebekah 12/27/13
    Proudly

lasagna is a big hit here

Just a little vent: My MIL is getting on my nerves about solids! My son self feeds a lot with things from my plate when we eat. She keeps jumping on him and saying "That's way too big!" My husband and I are both constantly telling her he eats this stuff all the time, and you would think after a week of seeing him eat with no probs she would cut it out, but she still keeps pulling out the disgusting strained baby food jars gahhh!! I am about to throw them all away! I am sick of saying "No thanks."

sorry ^^;;
    the little monster 4/22/11
    squealy piggy 7/1/13
    CDing baby-wearing coffee addicted mama!