Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Random BLS rambles

Default Re: Random BLS rambles

DS has really been into food lately, at least at home. He's had butternut squash chili, whole wheat pizza crust with a little sauce, garbanzo beans, lots of blueberries, blueberry yogurt, Cheerios, apple, toast, saltines, and french toast. He won't touch bananas any more, and he used to love them. He also managed to snag some of my gingerbread cake, and he loved it! He was super wired from the sugar, though. He's still not so keen to eat at daycare, though, unless it's food the other kids have dropped on the floor, or paper (like his daily reports). What is it with food on the floor and paper?

Hi,

I was reading some recent posts....very fun!
    Quick question..how do you ladies offer toast? Toast the bread slice & offer in slithers?? And what kind...whole wheat? Oh, one more, what type of bean do you offer?

I'm doing BLS with my DS (unless I overcook something :/ ...then I load the spoon & he loves feeding himself). He's had sweet potato, squash, banana, avocado, pear, broccoli, teeny bit of watermelon, & cheerios. I had to try cheerios when DH was not around...he freaks out about choking. DS gagged pretty bad with baked apple, so that scared DH even more!

Still learning BLS & getting ideas here! Thx!

With toast (whole wheat) I usually break in into quarters. I give him whatever beans we happen to be eating, although he only got the green beans last night, not the baked beans.

With apples I give him raw segments, like the ones the older ones get. You can also give them a whole, peeled apple.

Glowworm last night went to town on the green beans. Then he would wave his hands in the air and giggle when we would do it back at him. Thanksgiving is going to be fun.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

DD had bell peppers last night...She enjoyed the red a lot more than the green and yellow...maybe it was the color? Found a nice red strip of pepper in her diaper today.
    ~Tiffany~

Truly blessed by God
    Wife to Will
    First Time Mom to C 2/18/11
    Made it 6 Mos. EBF Now enjoying BLS
    My baby is a year old now!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*firstbaby2011 View Post
    DD had bell peppers last night...She enjoyed the red a lot more than the green and yellow...maybe it was the color? Found a nice red strip of pepper in her diaper today.
    It could be that red bell peppers are a bit sweeter than their green and yellow counterparts
    -Arin

Sealed for time and eternity to Chris on 08/26/10
    Mom to Ezra 06/24/11
    and Rebekah 12/27/13
    Proudly

Kix ,Goldfish and raisins are the latest greatest food on-the-go for us.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

DD had wheat toast today...getting better with the gagging and throwing/slamming food down when she's done.
    ~Tiffany~

Truly blessed by God
    Wife to Will
    First Time Mom to C 2/18/11
    Made it 6 Mos. EBF Now enjoying BLS
    My baby is a year old now!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*firstbaby2011 View Post
    DD had wheat toast today...getting better with the gagging and throwing/slamming food down when she's done.

jack suddenly loves bananas i made him french fries (just potatoes cut big, olive oil, and baked) he thought they were good, i loved them!

Glowworm ate an entire clementine tonight. The other day Thing 2 had one and the baby tried to take it from him.

He has started to yell when he does not have food on his tray.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

My DS loved his pear the other day!! Just peeled it...I took a few bites (to make it easier to hold) and he went at it!
    Mercedes

1st time mommy to lil D 2/19/11

LOVE