Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Random BLS rambles

Default Re: Random BLS rambles

jack has not been interested in food at all lately, and very cranky in general

we have tried tortellini, sausages, poached chicken. no interest. but he hasnt been interested in his usual favs either so we will just wait it out.

how is everyone doing? what are your lo's eating?

Mine gnawed on an apple core tonight. Was uninterested in potato and carrots.heh. Last night liked sweet potato.

The baby led himself right to the cat food this afternoon. On the plus side I am sure that he will have a shiny coat and be free of hairballs.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*scienceteachermommy View Post
    The baby led himself right to the cat food this afternoon. On the plus side I am sure that he will have a shiny coat and be free of hairballs.
    We've had to put the dog's dish on the counter whenever he was in the kitchen for awhile now Poor Woody has really been second fiddle these days.

Ugh, my boy will eat anything he finds on the floor. He will turn his nose up at everything on the dinner table, then once on the floor make a b-line to the trash can to find a used Kleenex to munch on.

His tastes have changed, but he still loves any fruit we put in front of him. Grapes have been the latest craze, and his diapers have been interesting due to that.

The only vegetable that DS has consistently refused: broccoli. My husband's favorite vegetable: broccoli.
    The vegetable DS loves consistently: peas. The vegetable my husband and I agree to hate: peas.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sassypants View Post
    Ugh, my boy will eat anything he finds on the floor. He will turn his nose up at everything on the dinner table, then once on the floor make a b-line to the trash can to find a used Kleenex to munch on.

His tastes have changed, but he still loves any fruit we put in front of him. Grapes have been the latest craze, and his diapers have been interesting due to that.

The only vegetable that DS has consistently refused: broccoli. My husband's favorite vegetable: broccoli.
    The vegetable DS loves consistently: peas. The vegetable my husband and I agree to hate: peas.
    That's where frozen vegetables come in--you can just heat up a little peas for DS when y'all are having broccoli.

And my LO is really fond of paper.
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012

DD is loving beans right now...found a few bean skins in her diaper. Only gagged once. (I know it's normal, but it still freaks me out.) Still working on the pincer grasp, but it's fun to watch 'em eat.
    ~Tiffany~

Truly blessed by God
    Wife to Will
    First Time Mom to C 2/18/11
    Made it 6 Mos. EBF Now enjoying BLS
    My baby is a year old now!

That's where frozen vegetables come in--you can just heat up a little peas for DS when y'all are having broccoli.

And my LO is really fond of paper.
    yes, we do use frozen veggies so I only have to heat up a few for him.

This does create on problem, though. My husband and I are used to using bags of frozen peas for icing knees and shins and such after long runs. We used peas because we knew we would never accidentally try to eat the veggie that had been frozen and thawed multiple times because we both hate them. Now I have to come up with another disgusting little frozen veggie, or a really obvious label for the DO NOT EAT bag. And simply labeling it with a marker is not enough to catch my husband's attention.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sassypants View Post
    Now I have to come up with another disgusting little frozen veggie, or a really obvious label for the DO NOT EAT bag. And simply labeling it with a marker is not enough to catch my husband's attention.
    Lima Beans?

I committed BLS heresy tonight. I fed LO homemade plain whole milk yogurt. It was too runny for him to try feeding himself. He loved it.

Lima Beans?

I committed BLS heresy tonight. I fed LO homemade plain whole milk yogurt. It was too runny for him to try feeding himself. He loved it.
    Eh, my dad gives him yogurt or mashed potatoes from time to time. I think the important thing is that he clearly CAN feed himself and doesn't eat all mush.

So it was Connor's birthday, and I gave him a carrot cake cupcake. I did it in an attempt to be healthy like the other moms on here. Even though I know he's getting chocolate cake at his party on Saturday . Well. . .he wasn't into it! He was like WTF is this??? But that is weird because he eats EVERYTHING- the other day he had a banana, a scrambled egg, and a piece of toast for breakfast. That's like. . .what I'd have for breakfast. . . He can pack it in. So it was very anticlimactic. Ah well! Maybe he is holding out for the chocolate cake