Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I worry too much!

Default I worry too much!

I know I probably worry way too much about my children's growth and I drive myself crazy! Here are the weight stats for my DD to begin with:

Birth: 7 lbs, 13 oz length: 19.75 in
    2 months: 12 lbs, 8 oz
    4 months: 13 lbs, 7 oz
    6 months: 15 lbs, 3 oz
    9 months: 16 lbs, 3 oz length: 26 in
    13 months: 17 lbs, 10 oz length: 27.25 in

I am just worried because my baby girl is so little and petite. She has healthy looking rolls and still nurses great (5-7 wet diapers; 1-3 poopy diapers) and eats a small amount of solids. She is meeting all of her developmental milestones. Her doctor is not concerned at all at this point. I, on the other hand, worry myself to death. According to the CDC growth charts, she is 2% height and 6% weight. These percentages are slightly higher on the WHO growth curves. Are there any other mamas out there with little ones that can offer some encouragement? Should I be concerned? She has no health issues and has had a healthy 1st year
    ~Sarah

Married to the love of my life, Jordan

SAHM to Caleb (4/14/08) nursed for 19 months.
    Phoebe Grace (4/20/10), and 20 mths and counting!
    with #3, due May 2012

Default Re: I worry too much!

Everything on the chart is within normal range. Someone has to be at 1%ile and someone has to be 99%ile. There's no reason to worry. You lo is perfectly normal, she just happens to be at the small end of normal.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    Everything on the chart is within normal range. Someone has to be at 1%ile and someone has to be 99%ile. There's no reason to worry. You lo is perfectly normal, she just happens to be at the small end of normal.
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

i agree with PPs. My twin sister and i have babies three days apart. Nurse the same, feed the same foods etc etc... My boy is at 90+ for height and weight and her girl is under 10 for both. Little peanut walked first, talked first does everything first. Bigger doesn't mean better for babies necessarily. As long as your baby is eating well and happy and growing along her own little growth curve, i don't think you should worry!

(but i know it's hard. my sis gets consumed by trying to feed her little sweetie, who just does not have a huge appetite but is perfectly healthy and thriving)
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

You are not the only one that worries. I worry about this stuff ALL the time. My DD is 20 months and 22 pounds. She is happy and healthy and meeting all milestones. I think it is just a normal part of being a mother. We simply worry. It is hard as a parent to not compare...I do the same thing. She sounds perfect! It gets easier and if her ped is not concerned and she is eating and having that much output, what else can you do??? YOU ARE AWESOME!!!