Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SUPER sensitive supply...why?

Default Re: SUPER sensitive supply...why?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tarantamom View Post
    I'm an F cup (plenty of boob I think) so I should think my "storage capacity" would be a lot higher.
    Man, I wish that is how it worked! I have to lug around H cups and I make *just* enough milk for my LO! I would think that since I was "blessed" with such large breasts, I would have an OS!
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

I'm amazed that your baby is putting away 40 ounces of milk a day. Have we talked to you about potentially overfeeding breastmilk in the bottle? Because I just can't believe any baby could eat that much, honestly. My baby was always in the 99th percentile for everything, and granted, I fed him all night at the breast, so who knows how much he was eating, but still, that sounds totally like a WHOLE LOT!
    It is a LOT; you're right-but he is on the very low end of a healthy weight range while being on the top of the top of the height range for his age. So I really don't want to feed him any less than he wants to eat, y'know? I don't want him to lose any weight. His doc says he is perfectly healthy, there's nothing wrong with him or anything but I still don't want to put him through distress when he is clearly hungry and needs more food. I can def. tell because...

your baby can make words to associate with things at 6 months?
    He has a limited vocabulary; but he says really cute little phrases like "ooba booba" () when he wants to nurse, "ungry, oh no!" when he's hungry (must have learnt this from Daddy? lol) and "Mumumum" for me, "Adadad" for his Dad, and he can answer questions like "yeah" and "no" if we ask him if he wants something or if he needs his nappy changed or something like that. Oh yeah; and he LOVES to say "hello". Here is a video of him saying hello @ 3 1/2 mo, which he first started speaking a few weeks before recording...
    Proud wife to Paul , dedicated SAHM to our O.O. born 00:00:00 on 08 Nov 2010,

Look for us in the upcoming September 2011 issue of LLLGB's magazine, "BREASTFEEDING MATTERS" as well as LLL's upcoming booklet on relactation!
    & A proud daughter to a LLLL may she RIP.
    Relactated from scratch after a complicated birth(BAD hospital)...
    Now relatched and & ing after 5 months of 100% EBM feeding
    Planning permanent lactation.
    A millionaires baby fed with commercial baby milk has a poorer diet than the poorest family's baby who is breastfed.-WHO, 1997
    My story-for those looking to relactate, relatch, or boost their milk supply

No advice but I watched your video and Osrid is so cute! I can hear in your voice how much you love him.
    Hi, I'm Faith, a Wife, Mom, Stepmom and SAHM
    I married my best friend Rodney on October 17, 2009
    DS1 Andy Born May 11, 2002
    DS2 Ethan Born May 18, 2009 Nursed 2 years 7 months & 2 days
    DSS1 Benjamin Born September 24, 1989

And is he regulating his milkflow in his bottles? I'm assuming he is, but I know Connor would chug like a frat boy if I let him. Which I don't lol. Maybe smaller bottles? 3-5 oz should be enough.

and to all your clogged ducts/mastitus. The only thing that happens to me when I sleep too long is I wake up soaked.
    Ah yes.. & he doesn't have very huge feeds; most of the time. He usually does eat about 4-5 oz @ a time, but just...really frequently. Sometimes he'll eat and then be hungry less than an hour later...and he'll say "UNGRY!!!!" and point to his stomach lick his lips ect. and OH yeah he chugs chugs chugs... we use slow flow teats but he still slurps down about an ounce a minute most the time. I dont know how that's possible, but he does it. We're trying to introduce him to cup feeding ATM but he isn't taking to them too well yet.

Man, I wish that is how it worked! I have to lug around H cups and I make *just* enough milk for my LO! I would think that since I was "blessed" with such large breasts, I would have an OS!

Look for us in the upcoming September 2011 issue of LLLGB's magazine, "BREASTFEEDING MATTERS" as well as LLL's upcoming booklet on relactation!
    A millionaires baby fed with commercial baby milk has a poorer diet than the poorest family's baby who is breastfed.-WHO, 1997

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*faith511518 View Post
    No advice but I watched your video and Osrid is so cute! I can hear in your voice how much you love him.
    Thank you !!! That's his Nan's voice, but she loves him and I definitely love him with everything that I was, am, and ever will be.