Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: very confused

Default very confused

me and my LO had a rough start in the beginning but we are EBF (thank you again for all the help and encourgment!!!) She is 4 weeks today up to 2 days go she was having 4-5 good size bowel movements a day with atleast 6 wet diapers. But 2 days ago she has only had on large BM and a little BM a day I know they said around 4 weekxs they can become irregular but she seems like its hard for her she doesnt cry but she fusses for a while before she can poop? Also her stool is kinda orange and very wet not really any seeds also she seems gassy but not fussy? Is this normal? Should I be concerned because of the decrease and the seeming discomfort? She seems to be gaining good and we go to the dr next thursday. Thanks in advance for the help and advice

Default Re: very confused

*bump*
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

everything sounds pretty normal. Poops can change day by day actually with newborns. theres no set schedule or anything like that. not for a while atleast. dont worry. even orangish poop is fine. so long as its not green or mucusy it shold be fine.

also,please dont bump so quickly. give some time, atleast a day for a responce
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

wow!! i have the same problem! my LO is a month old. he's always had two BIG blow outs a day. monday was the last day he had them before i started seeing some changes. tuesday he didn't have a BM all day which worried me in fact i posted a thread on here about it. then weds he had a HUGE bm! thurs morn he had one big bm and that's it and now..i'm waiting for another to come.
    i too am also concerned in the decrease of bms.

thx for the response i feel better!

.....Im not sure what u mean bump?

oh, lol i thought you bumped your own post but osmoe else did it instead
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

Sounds pretty normal to me! Little babies are still working out the details of having a digestive system, you know? So in their little worlds, passing gas or having a BM is AN EVENT. Because you know, they've never had to use those muscles much, and they're figuring it out. But it's totally normal for BMs to vary in color and texture from day to day, or week to week with BF'd babies. Some BF'd babies can go a week or more between and be fine! So it sounds fine to me.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.