Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Decreased supply after 13 months?

Default Decreased supply after 13 months?

I have a 13 month old son who I've nursed successfully since birth. Although he's not nursing any less, my supply seems to be decreasing. At first I thought I wasn't getting enough water, so have been tracking that, and also started fenugreek. I also started drinking more orange juice because in the beginning of my nursing "career" I felt like that was helping. I'm pumping 4 times per day, one at 6 am, 9:30 am, 1 pm, and 9 pm. I'm nursing my son at 7 am and 7 pm. Any suggestions? Or is this normal? I should add that I have had a huge supply until now.
    Thanks.

Default Re: Decreased supply after 13 months?

have you gotten your period back yet? how long have you noticed the decrease? could it just b e that your breasts feel less full or do notice that your LO is not satisfied?

When my period returned I noticed a big dip in supply for the three or four days before it started and then it would bounce back after it started.

If you don't think it's any of this, try eating oatmeal andmaybe some mothers milk tea if you feel like your LO isn't being satisfied
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it