Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conflicting feelings about weaning (kinda long)

Default Re: Conflicting feelings about weaning (kinda long)

I am on the same boat as you!!!! My LO is now 20 months, and for the past few months I've been feeling like this is ENOUGH! I was able to transition him into his own bed back in January and we have successfully night wean the past month (after 20 months of NO sleep, I was getting ready to get committed into a psych ward). We now nurse only at night and in the mornings and my goal is to be completely weaned by his 2nd birthday (September), especially as I am now 10 weeks pregnant. This has been my only completely and exclusively breastfed baby and the first 11 months where the hardest of my life (low supply, constantly pumping, and NO support from family). So I feel your frustration... I do agree with previous posters about the possibilty of you being pregnant...I had the same symptoms
    Good luck and its reassuring that other women feel the same as I do. This forum had been my salvation and support to continue BF and to do it all over again with my next one
    Working mommy to Cat, Nikki, Brandon and baby Lucas
    exclusively for the second time!
    we made it 21 months with previous son and 9 months and counting with Lucas

Well my son is now 33 months and we are still happily nursing, but after reading your comments I remember having some of those same feelings, not too long ago. My son likes two twiddle and I can't stand that he knows its not allowed but its as though he can't help it so I pay attention to his hand and my other breast and try to hold it. I have heard they make necklaces for this purpose to keep their hands busy. The worst was after I had worked my normal Saturday and Sunday night and taken care of LO all day long Monday with no sleep and for some reason at night I had no desire to nurse and would try to skip the late evening feeding but it caused him so much grief and me too I finally realized if I just nursed he would only need to nurse for a short time and then be ok and everything would be right in the world, Where as if I stuck to my guns and wouldn't give in it was a long night for both of us and not worth it. Those feelings have passed so I am not sure what caused them so maybe it will pass with you also. My initial goal was one year. Now I tell people I am trying to wean by 3, but I'm not really trying that hard more just waiting for him to be ready.

I got my blood results back. I'm not pregnant.
    So I have been following through with setting limits on nursing. His manners are coming along great.
    Last night I was going to nurse him to sleep and he only nursed for a couple minutes, then decided he didn't want any. Instead he cuddled me and held my ear until he fell asleep. It was soo nice just cuddle him since it's still like torture to me to nurse. So I'm really hoping we are coming towards the end....

Thanks ladies for helping me through this one.
    Mom to T September 10 2009 - BF for 20 months

Due with baby #2 December 31st 2012!

Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby