Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boobs still sore after 4 weeks...about to stop!

Default Re: Boobs still sore after 4 weeks...about to stop!

As a new mom of twins I too struggled with this. I strongly encourage you to make sure you don't have thrush, mine had no symptoms in the babies mouths and only a bit of yeast rash on my son and the raw pain that felt like glass in my nipples when they nursed. See Dr Jack Newman's website and read the info regarding nipple soreness due to thrush. If it is thrush make sure the doc treats both you and the baby! not just you.

ALSO really make sure the latch on is perfect. get help, until it is perfect. My son's slightly turned in bottom lip really hurt -like i wanted to scream hurt--until the LC corrected this for me.

Finally, if you do "give up" I strongly encourage you to rent or buy a pump and bottle feed YOUR milk ...if you have the supply there is no need to deny him the health benefits even if you do lose the emotional piece.

But do everything you can to make sure you can hang in there! The money you spend on the LC is nothing compared to the money you'll spend on formula. Most hospitals offer LC follow up services for minimal to no cost. Call the hospital where you had your baby and ask the maternity nurses for info about their LC services.

Finally, I will tell you that I had to take tylenol extra strength every 6 hours during the worst thrush pain but I was just STUBBORN about not letting anything make me give up...and now I can't tell you how amazing the bond is between the me and my babies ...I love nursing them. Nothing in my life has ever felt so emotionally fulffilling. I hope that you too will get to the other side of the pain and get to rewards of the breastfeeding relationship.

Best of luck!

Default Re: Boobs still sore after 4 weeks...about to stop!

I just wanted to see how you are doing today? Are things getting any better for you??

Red face Re: Boobs still sore after 4 weeks...about to stop!

Quote Originally Posted by DebiMommyTo2 View Post
    I just wanted to see how you are doing today? Are things getting any better for you??
    It's still hard...but not quite as hard. Now it just feels like sandpaper against the top of the nipple as opposed to the entire nipple feeling sore. It's like his tongue brushes against the top of it...ughhhh!!! LOL! Much better though! Thanks for everything guys!!!