Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I nursing DD too much?

Default Re: Am I nursing DD too much?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kst.7399 View Post
    My daughter was barely eating any solids by a year and my son is 8 months and not really swallowing food yet. So another who it sounds normal to.

And just some food for thought (sorry for the bad pun) if you were being given formula, which I think smells disgusting and would never want to taste it, wouldn't you be taking more solids also?
    I would definitely be on more solids if it were me Thanks for all the advice ladies!
    ~Sarah

Married to the love of my life, Jordan

SAHM to Caleb (4/14/08) nursed for 19 months.
    Phoebe Grace (4/20/10), and 20 mths and counting!
    with #3, due May 2012

My daughter is 15 months and easily nurses 12-15x in a 24-hour period.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

I was wondering that myself! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a toddler nursing that much! DD nurses a few time during the day and wakes up at night every 1-2 hours to nurse.. there is no way I could do it without co-sleeping!!

DD is 20 months and still nursing 6-8 times a day. And she eats like a horse. Way more than my 3 year old. And she is tiny (under the 25%). I am not sure you can nurse them too much if you are both comfortable with the frequency.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aynasmommy View Post
    I was wondering that myself! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a toddler nursing that much! DD nurses a few time during the day and wakes up at night every 1-2 hours to nurse.. there is no way I could do it without co-sleeping!!

I was wondering, too, and this sounds like us! I think I might have gotten away with "only" 6x so far today, but the night is only starting...
    Mama Jen

Mom to:
    Happy Toddler, 19 months, still bfeeding
    Late Son, passed at age 8, bfed 5 months
    Daughter the Elder, age 19 yrs, bfed for 22 months

Yep , that sounds completely normal to me! My DD nurse a lot at that age and didn't eat much, but was growing (physically and mental) just fine, since breast milk is so nutritious . She was on the thin side, but VERY healthy. All toddlers nurse different amounts, but what you're LO is going sounds perfectly normal .