Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kneeding- lol

Default Kneeding- lol

I know this sounds crazy [ or maybe not ] but my son [ 4 months/18 weeks ] now feels like he's kneeding me [ like a cat does ] when he's nursing. Cutest thing ever! Is this just a habit or is there a method to his madness

Default Re: Kneeding- lol

Aw. DD does this. It actually reminded me of this kitten we had when I was a kid, it was separated from it's mother and was always kneeding everything. I don't know if there's a reason for it..just wanted to comment!

Now that DD is older, she has told me she does it to get more milk out. Kinda like compressions, I guess.

My DD has done this since an early age as well no idea why but it's cute till she does it to hard, then it hurts a wee bit!
    I'm Melanie and back to being a SAHM again... which is lovely!
    Mom to DD1 Peyton born June 22, 2009 @ 4:40pm (39 weeks & 6 Days) 7 lbs & 6 Oz... Successfully BF for 25 months!
    Mom to DD2 Sadie born March 3, 2012 @ 1:44am (39 weeks & 1 day) 6 lbs & 9 Oz

I always thought it was part DIY breast compressions and part fiddling. If it bothers you you could try a nursing necklace...
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mama.p View Post
    Now that DD is older, she has told me she does it to get more milk out. Kinda like compressions, I guess.
    And she's right. It can function as a way to get more milk.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

My DS does it in a gentle way and I love it! It's a bit like getting a massage... I think it's adorable.

My DD on the other hand, sometimes does something like it, but it's more of a fiddle/grab than kneading and it's not quite as pleasant! I keep telling her to take notes from her twin, but so far she's not sought his counsel...
    Mom to amazing twins!
    DD nursed for 3y5m, DS still occasionally stops by for a snack

Now that my DD is older, she does it too . I totally feel like a mama cat.

My daughter does it all the time. Now that she is a little older she get kind of rough sometimes, but most of the time it is still sweet

My son does this, and at first it was gentle and nice and now he grabs my boob and pinches as hard as he can, eek! He's almost five months old, so that may be why. I cut his nails cuz I looked like a mama dog with scratches all over my boobs, but he just picks up that skin and pinches it between his fingertips and palms and he's good at it too. Then he'll kneed again.

I want to allow him to do it, because I think its part of learning, but I want to give him something else to pinch on! Whats a nursing necklace?