Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nausea during nursing?

Question Nausea during nursing?

My LO is nine months and a couple weeks. I have been feeling sick to my stomach for the last two weeks and now I've started to notice it seems to be worse when I nurse. I have recently cut out dairy due to my LOs allergy.

Has anyone else been through something similar? I thought it was nursing PMS but this has lasted two weeks now. I POAS and its been negative twice.
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

Default Re: Nausea during nursing?

Could you be dehydrated? That makes you feel nauseous, and nursing might exacerbate it?

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Maybe... I'm drinking a bottle of water now though. (I drink water when ever I feel sick because dehydration sucks.)
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma

sounds like your dehydrated and tired. drink alot of water or gaterade then take a nap when you can. i went thruy this when i had a plugged duct and dead pump. more water and rest pevented it from becomming mastits
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

It just seems weird that it would last for two weeks. I like to drink a lot of water. And it hasn't been hot around here.

I have this!

I googled it, and I found out some women have this while breastfeeding. For me it feels like morning sickness, comes in waves and is worse when I am hungry. Of course my son is only 4 months and I have had it the whole time, so I'm not sure why you'd have it only the past two weeks...