Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is it thrush?

Default Is it thrush?

My LO has white spots all over her tongue. At first I thought it was just milk but I am noticing them inside her lips as well. I think it might be thrush. Shes eating fine. What kind of symptoms would I show? Does it need to be treated and how or will it go away on its own? Thanks!

Default Re: Is it thrush?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lukesmommy View Post
    My LO has white spots all over her tongue. At first I thought it was just milk but I am noticing them inside her lips as well. I think it might be thrush. Shes eating fine. What kind of symptoms would I show? Does it need to be treated and how or will it go away on its own? Thanks!
    Take a damp cloth and try to wipe the spots. If they come off they're not thrush.

Thrush will sometimes go away on it's own.

But it can be painful or uncomfortable for baby and for mum (because you can get it on your nipples as well).

If it's not bothering either of you you can wait it out and see what happens (if you choose to).

If it is then go see the Dr to get both of you treated.
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

Both of my little ones have had thrush... pretty common, I just had to take them to the dr and get some medicine. Goes away pretty quick once they start the medicine.
    ... Proud SAHM
    Hannah 6-6-05, 7pds 6.5ozs, 19&1/2 in.
    Emmalyn 4-20-11, 8pds 7ozs, 21 in.

Momma to Gordie Oshkay born 1/6/11.
    He's a love monkey who loves & eats big!
    We EBF, cloth diaper, and do lots of baby wearing as he loves being close to momma!