Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Fenugreek??? Does it work for anyone?

Red face Fenugreek??? Does it work for anyone?

I was wanting to hear how fenugreek has worked for someone. I am considering using it but want to know about other's personal experiences. Please let me know what you thought.

Default Re: Fenugreek??? Does it work for anyone?

Hi there! Perhaps this isn't quite to your point, but I took fenugreek and the prolactin-enhancing drug Reglan together and had a very good experience with increased milk production. (Aggressive pumping helped, too.) The only side-effect I had was the curious "maple" smell that eating a lot of fenugreek produces. At the very least, I would say that fenugreek does no harm, and may do some good.

It worked for me. I had low milk supply, so I took fenugreek for two weeks. It increase my supply by about 1-2 ounces. It is definetly wouldn't hurt to give it a try.
    Mommy to three amazing little ones...Noah {4/12/06}, Leah {3/21/08}, and Isaac {6/18/10}. Loving every moment!

Yes, absolutely. I've been using fenugreek for two months now and it helps. I have been training for a half-marathon for a couple of months now and I notice my milk supply was getting low. I do not know if running has anything to do with it but it was getting low. I took mother milk plus with fenugreek for two weeks. Amazing, back to normal. Now, I only take fenugreek 3x's a day and we are healthy. Yes, there is a maple smell in your urine and when you sweat but no one notices.

Fenugreek definitely helps. I, too, took it with Reglan (and Blessed Thistle) and it helped a lot. Now I'm just on Fenugreek and I'll probably continue to take it for a while... I'm a little scared to stop.
    Lynda
    Tree-hugging, queer-loving, liberal, feminist Mommy to L August 2006