Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: playtex drop-ins system

Question playtex drop-ins system

So finally I think I have some bottle success with the playtex drop-ins with natural latex nipples, she took 2 oz off me today which is a huge deal. I kinda hate this disposable system, but it does seem to work well for my LO so I guess this is it. We tried the Dr. Browns wide base nipple as well too, she takes it OK, but not as well as the Playtex Drop In style even though the nipples are very similiar in shape.

I am returning to work in two more months and wonder if I should get their system to pump directly into the bags so as to not risk dropping milk. I am very clumsy myself and don't want to risk losing my liquid gold.

this is the system: http://www.playtexbaby.com/Bottles/D...lk-Storage-Kit

My pump is a Medella Pump in Style.

Does this system work well for pumping and how can you warm bottles with this style? Also she seemed to do better with the fast flow nipple, I do have quite a powerful letdown, so should I stick with that or try to get her onto the slow flow?

Any ladies who use this system, please pass on your tips of how you pump, store and feed. Thanks!
    Mummy to LoLo

We luv cloth baby bums!

Default Re: playtex drop-ins system

I pump into the Medela bottles at work and just pour them into the bags/bottles at home at night. I have not tried to pump into them for two reasons - first, I like knowing how much is in the bottle, and that's hard to see with the bags and secondly, I think it would be easier to spill the bags while pumping.

I have had luck using the Lansinoh freezer bags as liners - so that's nice since I freeze my end of the week milk in those.

I would try to get her onto the slow flow. Maybe switch to medium and then slow. I have a fast letdown too, but I think that it should be MORE work to drink from the bottle than it is from the breast. Also, your milk is not coming out crazy fast for 4 whole ounces generally. It will come out fast for a bit, then slow down and then come out fast again.

ETA: I did have a friend at work who pumped into the drop ins and really liked them.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

you should do fine with what your used to,and the drop ins bags do have an adapter for medella pumps.
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    I pump into the Medela bottles at work and just pour them into the bags/bottles at home at night. I have not tried to pump into them for two reasons - first, I like knowing how much is in the bottle, and that's hard to see with the bags and secondly, I think it would be easier to spill the bags while pumping.

I have had luck using the Lansinoh freezer bags as liners - so that's nice since I freeze my end of the week milk in those.

I would try to get her onto the slow flow. Maybe switch to medium and then slow. I have a fast letdown too, but I think that it should be MORE work to drink from the bottle than it is from the breast. Also, your milk is not coming out crazy fast for 4 whole ounces generally. It will come out fast for a bit, then slow down and then come out fast again.

ETA: I did have a friend at work who pumped into the drop ins and really liked them.
    cool thanks for the imput. How do you get the lanisohs to work as liners?
    Mummy to LoLo

We luv cloth baby bums!

you just turn the top of the bag inside out and screw the ring onto it. does that make sense?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I don't like to pump into bags.

We use Playtex dropins as well. I use Gerber/Nuk bags for storage; they fit right over the bottle. You put the sealed bag into the bottle shell (I rest it on the counter), the open the bag and pull it down around the outside. Easy-peasy. I don't routinely use Lansinoh bags, but it would be the same principle.

Recently I've been fixing her bottles for the next day using the dropin liners, and only using my Gerber bags for what will need to be frozen. Saves time.
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

thanks mamas, just trying to find the best way so I don't waste any milk.
    Mummy to LoLo

We luv cloth baby bums!