Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So confused about what to do

Default Re: So confused about what to do

Ive tried to tell her to pick him up, rock him, give him the paci...she claims none of it works.

I wonder if he would react differently if she fed him right when he woke up and was still in a good mood.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    Maybe I'm a weirdo, but I nurse my baby every time she wakes up, even if she is content to play.
    I don't think this is weird. I still nurse my 16 mo old up and down from every nap, and always have. Then i know if he wakes up, it's not because he's hungry or needs milk. And when he wakes up i find that it's better to give milk immediately before he's ravenous and the mood's been fouled because he's so hungry. And i think this was especially true for him when he was younger.

And when i'm not there, DH always gives him milk before he goes down for naps. And offers it when he wakes up.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    I'm wondering if he was so hungry by the time she actually fed him that he can't feel that he is full... kind of like when I'm hungry and don't get a chance to eat lunch before Lilah's nap and then binge when she's sleeping.
    I'm thinking this too. I would suggest waiting a half hour to see if he's calmed down. Sooth and rock until then. Because six ounces is till too much to be giving a baby that young, even if you wait ten minutes in between.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*belamour616 View Post
    She's only watched her nephew which was a formula fed baby so a little different. and my older two kids
    Are you really comfortable with this babysitter? It sounds to me like she should be deferring to you more. YOu're the boss, you know? She needs to listen to you. And you're the Mama. you know baby best. Don't just go with what she's saying because you feel bad,kwim?
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

after speaking to her when I got home we decided to try the schedule for a while and see how it works. I just ask that she not wake him from a nap and that she try not to feed him after 3:30 so I can feed him some when I get home. I expressed to her that if we can't make this work I will have to explore other options because I can't spend all my time stressing over this and neither can she. We are both hopeful that it will work.
    Thanks for all of your help in calming my nerves!