Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So confused about what to do

Default Re: So confused about what to do

So then her schedule gets all messed up and she gets stressed out...what do I tell her then?

to relax? It's really not that big of a deal to give a bottle when baby wakes up on her own is it? If she's really getting that bent out of shape about it have you considered maybe she's not a good fit for your family? I think a lot of times moms do have to let go of some control and let their caregiver work things out with the baby, but that doesn't mean you should have to compromise your values when it comes to things that are really important to you.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*belamour616 View Post
    So then her schedule gets all messed up and she gets stressed out...what do I tell her then?
    That she is there to meet the baby's need in your absence. Not dictate when and how they occur. To RELAX and follow the child's ques. Your child isn't being difficult.

Way too lazy for formula

Ok thank you. Thats what I needed to hear. I appreciate all of you. I think for next week I am going to tell her it is ok to feed him on her schedule as long as she doesn't wake him up to feed him and she doesn't feed him within an hour of when i'm supposed to be home.

Heres another scenario. He usually eats on both sides. He woke up at 5:30 I fed him one side he fell back to sleep for a few mins and woke up at 6 and ate on the other side. He was asleep until about 9:30 and then woke up and was happy and playing until 11:30. So she fed him 4 oz at 11:30 since I told her I thought 6 oz was too much at once and she said he was still hungry after the 4 oz so I told her to give him some more..i'm waiting to hear how much she gave him.

Maybe I'm a weirdo, but I nurse my baby every time she wakes up, even if she is content to play.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Ok thank you. Thats what I needed to hear. I appreciate all of you. I think for next week I am going to tell her it is ok to feed him on her schedule as long as she doesn't wake him up to feed him and she doesn't feed him within an hour of when i'm supposed to be home.

Heres another scenario. He usually eats on both sides. He woke up at 5:30 I fed him one side he fell back to sleep for a few mins and woke up at 6 and ate on the other side. He was asleep until about 9:30 and then woke up and was happy and playing until 11:30. So she fed him 4 oz at 11:30 since I told her I thought 6 oz was too much at once and she said he was still hungry after the 4 oz so I told her to give him some more..i'm waiting to hear how much she gave him.
    How does she know he was still hungry? Was he rooting? Crying? Wanted to be picked up? What makes her think that?

Way too lazy for formula

I'm wondering if he was so hungry by the time she actually fed him that he can't feel that he is full... kind of like when I'm hungry and don't get a chance to eat lunch before Lilah's nap and then binge when she's sleeping.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Thats the thing, she says he's SCREAMING but i find that hard to believe because no one else ever tells me that he's screaming and i've never heard him SCREAM in his life.

I can't help but feel like there is something else going on, like she doesn't want to soothe him any other way etc...

I can't help but feel like there is something else going on, like she doesn't want to soothe him any other way etc...
    That's what I was thinking too. Does she take care of any other kids?

Way too lazy for formula

She's only watched her nephew which was a formula fed baby so a little different. and my older two kids