Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby drank spoiled milk! Help!

Post Baby drank spoiled milk! Help!

Today while I was away running errands my DB tried to give the baby a bottle of expressed milk. My LO kept spitting it out and crying until my DB finally tried the milk and realized it was sour! My poor baby drank some of it. Since then he's spit up a few times. Should I be worried? I feel horrible! If this has happened to anyone pls help! Thank u

Default Re: Baby drank spoiled milk! Help!

I wouldn't worry. Did the milk sit out? Are you sure it's not lipase?
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/l...essedmilk.html
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Yes, can you give us a few more details about how the milk was stored/prepared? Had it been freshly pumped? Refrigerated/frozen and then reheated?
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

Happened to us before your LO should be fine. I am also interested in the details, whether it sat out, etc. One time, MIL (aka DCP) thawed some milk for DS on a Friday, didn't use it, so left it in the fridge until Monday morning and fed it to him. He was acting like his tummy hurt, so she smelled the rest of it and realized that it was sour. His tummy was upset most of that day, but he was fine the next day. She did not realize that it only has a 24 hour shelf-life after it is completly thawed....oops!

Post Re: Baby drank spoiled milk! Help!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jeno View Post
    Yes, can you give us a few more details about how the milk was stored/prepared? Had it been freshly pumped? Refrigerated/frozen and then reheated?
    Well the milk was frozen thawed and refrigerated for a few days which is the problem I'm sure. I wasn't sure and just read that thaw milk has to be used immediately. I feel horrible my poor baby. He is doing fine today hough and no more throwing up so I'm sure he's fine. Thank u for all the replies.
    Mommy to Desmond born 2/4/2011 8lbs 13 oz

Loving loving and