Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of stopping BFing...

Default Re: Thinking of stopping BFing...

when she nurses do you often hear a wierd groany sound as she swallows? idk how to describe it, but thats what i hear when my daughter swallows alot of air when nursing. if i hear 2 or 3, i stop nursing and walk around with her till she burps.
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babylove View Post
    What are her poops like? How do they look? Are they yellow? Green? Always the same colour or varying depending on the day? are they seedy? mucousy (think snot)? frothy? Is there blood in them? How she poops could indicate whether you have oversupply or not.

How long have you been feeding off one breast? That will help if you have oversupply. But it will take a couple of days at least for your body to regulate.
    Her poop is always mustard color - it is soft, seedy or somewhat stringy (?).

I have been feeding off one breast for 2 weeks. but use to switch off each feeding. Just started doing 3 hour blocks yesterday.

agree with all the PPs - I've found gripe water to be more effective than mylicon, also chamomile tea. Also, baby laying on back while you do little bicycles with their legs make them fart a lot.

You'll def. know more after the US, but babeis sometimes get gassy from something in mamas diet too.... if this may be the case, there are lots of mamas here with lots of experience with elimination diets.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ftminmv View Post
    Her poop is always mustard color - it is soft, seedy or somewhat stringy (?).

I have been feeding off one breast for 2 weeks. but use to switch off each feeding. Just started doing 3 hour blocks yesterday.
    That sounds normal mama. Oversupply poop will usually be consistently green and forthy looking. Did you say you already went for an ultrasound or that you were going for one? I hope that that can give you some answers.
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

That sounds normal mama. Oversupply poop will usually be consistently green and forthy looking. Did you say you already went for an ultrasound or that you were going for one? I hope that that can give you some answers.
    Going for one today.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*ftminmv View Post
    Going for one today.
    I hope you find some answers! KUP
    SAHM to all my boys

Wyatt 2/23/99
    Isaiah 7/11/00
    Hunter 2/9/10- made it through our dairy allergy!
    and loving from afar, my DSS Kaleb 3/30/97

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*christinao View Post
    I hope you find some answers! KUP
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

poop seems good. I hope you get some answers and continue to BF!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

How did the ultrasound go?
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

How did the ultrasound go?
    She was an angel during the ultrasound - I felt so bad for her, but also knew it wasn't hurting her. We find out the results today, but the ultrasound tech said everything looked normal (even though she was not suppose to say anything). She did show me on the screen how she could see alot of gas - which is what we suspected. But we are trying everything - Mylacon, assisting her in farting by gently pushing her legs up, bicycles (we sometimes get gas to pass). She is not bothered by it, so I guess it is fine. And I guess she is just a big belly girl

Anyways, I should know more later today - Thanks SO much for asking.