Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking of stopping BFing...

Default Re: Thinking of stopping BFing...

It sounds like everything should be fine then. I hope you hear the same thing from the doctor.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

i'm glad to hear everything looks good. crossing fingers for some good farts today
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

That's good news! I'm glad to hear it.
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

great news KUP on what the doc says.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Doc said Ultrasound is normal . Not much else, except that she may just be a big belly baby with gas. I guess we just keep trying to get that gas out and stop worrying about her belly. Welcome to motherhood and all the worrying that comes with it - thanks all for caring and letting me have a venue to share.

If anyone has any suggestions about getting gas out besides Mylacon, bicycles, knees to chest and belly massage - please let me know.

my lo loves it when i put her ober my shoulder with my sholder digging into her belly. it helps her burp, especilly firm pats on the lower back
    Last edited by @llli*sailoryue; May 12th, 2011 at 05:53 PM.
    Luna Justine: born January 20 th 6 am on the dot
    I did it! Now without the nipple shield 100% of the time Since 2/12

We are now self-latching! .

ing about . expecting to start in 2 weeks.

Blame strange autocorrect if my posts come out weird. More often than not typing one handed on a "smart" object or just ing

Burp more often and gripe water

Glad you got the all clear...and that you didn't stop breastfeeding
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

As mentioned by a PP, gentle tummy pressure can sometimes help gas work its way out. If your baby isn't too keen on tummy time, you can try carrying her around in the football/colic/gas hold (you see it called all three).

You basically cradle her head in the crook of your elbow, facing down/out, drape her body along your forearm, tummy down, and use your hand to hold onto her leg/crotch.

Aside from the massage, mylicon, bicycling, and so forth, that's the only other thing I could think of. Glad to hear everything was normal on the ultrasound!!
    Elizabeth, mama to Lillian - 10/03/10

I have always used the across the knees pose...

I was thinking about this thread in the car. I have very small insides. I carry my babies almost entirely on the outside of my body. When I get constipated you can see it visually. Your baby may just have small insides. So one little bubble puffs out her tummy.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*firefly View Post
    You basically cradle her head in the crook of your elbow, facing down/out, drape her body along your forearm, tummy down, and use your hand to hold onto her leg/crotch.
    like this
    When my babies are really gassy I use this when I am holding them and a warm (not hot) pack (rice/beans etc) on their tummy when I am not
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.